SENIOR MAINFRAME SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating, and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build, and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant, a member of the NASDAQ-100, is ranked 195 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com.
Cognizant is seeking a Senior Mainframe Software Engineer – with strong hands-on experience to join our team.
Role: Senior Mainframe Software Engineer
Experience: 10+ years
Location: ONSITE in HYBRID MODEL in Sunrise, FL or Phoenix, AZ.
Candidates must be willing to work ONSITE 3 days a week from Sunrise FL or Phoenix AZ each week. Remote work will be considered for strong candidates.
· Work and lead a team on Mainframe development involving COBOL, DB2, CICS, VSAM, MQ Series using Agile methodology right from requirements gathering until production release followed by waranty support.
· Participate in Daily/Weekly stand ups call with Customer, delivery team and other stake holders.
· Work with Offshore team, clarify their queries and guide team to complete deliverables according to stipulated timelines.
· Ability to work with cross work stream teams. Work with performance team to evaluate and resolve any performance related issues.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Follows organizations policies and procedures
· Agile Software development
· Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
· Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
· Write well designed, testable code
· Software testing and defects resolution
· Integrate software components into a fully functional system
· Deploy tested software to Production environment
· Supports post-implementation validations
· Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues
· Follows organizations policies and procedures
· Minimum 8+ years of software development experience in mainframe technologies
· Demonstrated experience with Agile or other rapid application development methods
· Demonstrated experience with Mainframe – JCL, COBOL, DB2, IMS, Stored procs, MQ, SYNCSORT required; Easytrieve a plus
· Ability to effectively communicate across third parties, technical, and business product managers on solution design
· Ability to think abstractly and deal with ambiguous/under-defined problems
· Experience with payments technology and industry is a plus
· Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
· Experience with web services and Open API development, as well as SOA concepts, is a plus
· Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
· Looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred.
Salary and Other Compensation:
The annual salary for this position is between depending on experience and other qualifications of the successful candidate. This position is also eligible for Cognizant’s discretionary annual incentive program and stock awards, based on performance and subject to the terms of Cognizant’s applicable plans.
Benefits: Cognizant offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid holidays plus Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan and contributions
- Long-term/Short-term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. Cognizant reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Nov 16 2023
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Applicants may be required to attend interviews in person or by video conference. In addition, candidates may be required to present their current state or government issued ID during each interview.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.