Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
The Senior Application Specialist is responsible for a wide variety of application development and support processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, prepares, designs, codes, tests, debugs, and maintains complex computer programs
- Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives
- Works with users to support business applications, and investigate operational problems/system requirements
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results
- Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs
- May be responsible for completion of a phase of a project
- Solves user inquiries that arise during day-to-day operation
- Regularly provides coaching, guidance and training to less-experienced analysts/programmers
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience is required.
- Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Are you 18 years of age or older or can you demonstrate legal capacity to enter a contract?
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, sex, color, disability, national origin, religion, creed, age, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, gender, gender identity / expression, actual or perceived sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.