Senior Network Security Engineer
Job Locations US-San Francisco | US-CA-Sunnyvale | US-MD-Bethesda | US-NC-Durham
Req No. 2018-4801
Category Information Technology
Position: Senior Network Security Engineer
Locations: San Francisco, CA | Sunnyvale, CA |Bethesda, MD | Durham, NC
Riverbed, The Digital Performance Company, enables organizations to maximize digital performance across every aspect of their business, allowing customers to rethink possible. Riverbed’s unified and integrated Digital Performance Platform, brings together a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking and Cloud Edge solutions that provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. At more than $1 billion in annual revenue, Riverbed’s 30,000+ customers include 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100. Learn more at ****************
With over 2,000 employees globally, Riverbed offers the rewarding experience of working with some of the smartest, most passionate, and nicest people in the industry who are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. Each of us is committed to delivering the strategies, architectures and technologies that our partners and customers need to control, optimize and have visibility into their networks and applications.
What you’ll be doing…
We are looking for someone who has extensive experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Palo Alto Firewalls. You would be working with others to develop solutions, share ideas, and exchange knowledge in a very fast and energetic environment. The ideal candidate has a vast understanding of information security frameworks, incident management/response, security operations, and application security best practices. As the Palo Alto Network Engineer, you would be responsible for the ongoing configuration changes, monitoring, and maintenance of the Palo Alto Network. We strongly believe that our degree of success is a direct reflection of the strength of our team, therefore we are selective when hiring to ensure we maintain the loyal and reliable team we have cultivated..
You’ll need to have:
– Excellent documentation and diagram creation experience (examples requested)
– Install, configure, manage and troubleshoot Palo Alto and Juniper Firewalls.
– Maintain and administer perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
– Possesses knowledge in; VPN, VRF, MPLS, and network routing.
– Ability to obtain and analyze business requirements and develop technical/function requirements.
– Capable of providing software configuration and customization.
– Experience solving problems by assisting development teams and vendors in the delivery of secure products and services within the given project timelines.
– Capability of understanding and applying new security techniques and technologies, which yield cost-effective controls.
– Capability to communicate well in both verbal and written forms across multiple business functions/
– Proven leadership ability and good negotiation skills.
– Ability to work independently and in teams, while meeting multiple deadlines.
– Ability to prioritize work and demonstrate well developed organization skills.
– 4-year college degree from an accredited College or University OR relative experience.
– Combined IT and security work experience with a broad exposure to Palo Alto infrastructure/network and multi-platform environment.
– 5-7 years of experience in security engineering related to vulnerability management, intrusion prevention, data protection, monitoring, analytical and correlation tools.
– Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE)
– GIAC Security Expert (GSE)
– CISSP-ISSEP-Security Engineering Professional (ISC)
– GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
– Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP)
– Riverbed Certified Solutions Professional (RCSP)
– Splunk Certified Enterprise Security Admin
Personality & Work Ethic Skills:
– Willing to go the extra mile and demonstrate hustle and focus, a true self-starter.
– Work well with a team of peers who are smart, professional, pull their own weight, and share a passion for what they’re creating.
– Hard Charger’s, Go Getter’s are a major plus. We love the Get Stuff Done attitude.
– Must understand the value of attention to detail, being well organized and punctual.
– No personality delusions, we all have room for improvement but only sell what you can bring. We’ll always keep it real and offer an opportunity for personal development, professional experience expansions and more importantly, fun memories.
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at ****************.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.