CH2M is now Jacobs. Support our Project Automation/BIM team and have a hand in transforming tomorrow!
• Is recognized and valued by the business group as being an expert modeler/designer. Possesses expert design automation skills.
• Steward for discipline engineering and design concepts through continued communication with engineering staff and is recognized as a leader and trainer for discipline-specific tools.
• Highly focused on quality ensuring conformance with project standards, 4-phase design, discipline design technologies and processes. Is innovative in meeting deliverable deadlines and in adhering to assigned scope of work.
• Is a leader for internal CAD users groups or design automation focus groups and proactively participates in external CAD organizations.
• Proactive in the use and development of the Automation eLearning library and encourages others to use and further their skills.
• Expert in checking own work and coordinating work with related disciplines.
• Expert in discipline-specific 3D modeling tools.
• Takes responsibility for their portion of the discipline’s scope, schedule and budget and delegates accordingly to junior staff. Continued demonstration of reliability and accountability for own work products. Continually exceeds deliverable deadlines.
• Ability to support work for/in other offices (including Temporary Duty- TDY).
• Works in harmony with Lead Designer to ensure the integrity of the discipline’s modeled data for use throughout the project’s lifecycle.
• Serves as a mentor to the project team, junior staff and junior engineers by assisting with finding answers to technical questions and concerns.
• Supports the continued improvement in firm’s responsiveness and flexibility to clients, sub-consultants, and co-consultants.
• Expert in advancing workflows, systems and tools within their own discipline; embraces emerging technologies.
As Project Automation Lead/BIM Automation Lead:
• Proficient with data integration across all disciplines.
• Proficient with data integration for cost estimation.
• Proficient with data use in support of construction schedule sequencing.
• Proficient with data integration in relation to the procurement system.
• Steward of data integration across the lifecycle of the project.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
Bachelor’s degree in an applicable discipline preferred, or equivalent experience.
• 10-15 years’ experience, including experience as a lead designer or BIM PAL preferred.
• High Proficiency in Bentley and Autodesk products that include AecoSim, OpenPlant Revit, Revit MEP. Proficiency in Autodesk products especially Revit and Civil 3D preferred.
• Ability to develop, manipulate, and maintain 3D models for specific projects for use during Pre-construction through construction phases
• Solid understanding of legacy BIM /CADD applications and practices, particularly Microstation, and AutoCAD.
• High Proficiency with Bentley Projectwise, Bentley Navigator, Autodesk Navisworks products,, Bluebeam and Adobe Products
• Ability to lead design teams specific to Automation practices through all project design phases
• Familiar with the development and execution of Project Specific BIM Execution Plans
• Able to set priorities and manage change to meet the business needs and project schedules while managing multiple BIM projects concurrently.
• Ability to establish close working relationship with project delivery teams, illustrating knowledge of the BIM processes as they pertain to collaboration and coordination between disciplines.
• Excellent verbal, communication and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail is a must.
• Ability to analyze, document and report on models through both visual and clash detection methods
• Familiar with discipline specific data collection for internal use in estimating, specific to take-off reports
• Familiar with VR and AR processes and implementation
• Advanced knowledge of Windows O/S and Microsoft Office is required
• Ability to clearly articulate advanced concepts in a way that team members at all levels can fully understand.
• Candidate should possess the ability to teach others to understand and use advanced CADD and BIM concepts/tools through presentations and visual aids.
• Willingness to learn new software, products, concepts, techniques and develop standards.
• Ability to Translate/Migrate data across multiple BIM platforms.
CH2M is now Jacobs, join us and love what you do. Focus on tackling the toughest challenges with a smile as you support the development of life-changing infrastructure that improves communities across Canada. See the inherent value in your point of view as you deliver for our clients.
CH2M Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.