The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Pulsed Power Engineer to work in our Albuquerque, NM office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to contribute to the research and development of the next-generation directed energy (DE) weapons for the US Air Force. For this program, Leidos conducts research and development on compact pulsed power systems, charged particle beam interactions, compact, prime power systems, ultrashort pulse laser systems, high power electromagnetic (HPEM) materials & plasma science, and HPEM fundamental research with our university partners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
– Lead the design and development of state of the art prime power and pulsed power systems for our Air Force customer
– Introduce creative ideas for designs that are robust, reliable and optimized for minimum size, weight and power consumption.
– Apply engineering expertise to support trade studies on DE system concepts.
– Build and test design concepts in the laboratory; supervise technical staff; collect and analyze data.
– Track progress across multiple design projects, document project status and present it to the customer in regular meetings.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
– BS or MS Degree in Electrical Engineering
– Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
– 10 years of experience with pulsed power systems including line-type modulators, Marx generators, high voltage components and high power switching
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
– 5 years of hands on experience with high vacuum systems
– 5 years of experience with the design and analysis of high power microwave sources
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin’s Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.