Senior Software Engineer – AWS – Big Data Analytics
Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for evolving our applications and cloud data platform and building pipelines that are scalable, robust and resilient, to validate, ingest, normalize/enrich and support business rule processing of healthcare data. You will provide leadership in big data and cloud technologies. You are an independent and resourceful backend or full-stack development engineer with advanced design and problem-solving skills, demonstrated competency in building enterprise and cloud products, and you enjoy working in diverse and fast paced engineering teams.
What are the duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Design and develop highly scalable and resilient analytics platform to enable business intelligence, self-service analytics, predictive modeling and significantly improve the user experience for Payers, Providers and Patients
- Develop solutions leveraging cloud native and open source services.
- Ensure industry best practices around data pipelines, metadata management, data quality, data governance and data privacy.
- Ensure performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design
- Partner with Product Management and Business leaders to drive Agile delivery of both existing and new offerings and support technology and data infrastructure needs
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 5+ years of recent experience in Big Data and Analytics.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud technologies (AWS/Azure/Google, Lambda, EMR, EC2, SQS and RDS, etc)
- Software development and hands on experience with SQL, Spark, Scala, Python, Java
- Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, data warehouse design, and experience with open source data stores like druid, postgres, Cassandra
- Proven track record of building scaled data platforms and enterprise products, working in large engineering teams
- Strong backend programming skills for data processing, with practical knowledge of availability, scalability, clustering, microservices, multi-threaded development and performance patterns.
- Prior experience with healthcare data required, experience in healthcare quality and/or risk data a plus
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering and 10+ years of software development experience
- Experience with Data Science and Machine Learning tools and services a plus
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Innovative spirit – Creating new and better ways for organization, product and people to be successful
- Ensures accountability – Holds self and other accountable to meet commitments
- Growth mindset and life-long learner – Have an innate curiosity and willingness to learn and try new things
Diversity and Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, we require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment and, when job-related and consistent with business necessity, we may require periodic testing for certain roles. Some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.