Change Healthcare is a leading healthcare technology company with a mission to inspire a better healthcare system. We deliver innovative solutions to patients, hospitals, and insurance companies to improve clinical decision making, simplify financial processes, and enable better patient experiences to improve lives and support healthier communities.
Senior Software Engineer
Overview of Position
We are looking for Senior Software Engineer to work on exciting projects at Optum that has both backend and UI components. The Senior Software Engineer will be an integral team member building on the next generation of a growing healthcare platform. This position requires analytical, design, problem solving skills and experience in building and operating large scale systems. The capacity to absorb new technologies, understand existing enterprise management tools, and the skill to leverage them to the maximum extent is a key component of this position. The ideal candidate will take a pragmatic and iterative approach to building software; have an ability to simplify and get things done with a demonstrated track record of building and delivering software.
We support a strong learning and mentoring atmosphere and work in an agile environment with a high degree of cooperation. This is truly a unique opportunity for you to join a strong, close-knit team that is on the cutting edge of healthcare technology focused on making a significant impact on the future of healthcare solutions. We value ability and the person, not checkboxes on a resume. If you want to begin work every day, excited about learning and producing excellent work with a strong team, we are happy to talk to you.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Plans, designs, develops, and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products including cloud-based or internet-related tools.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments and may coordinate activities of other personnel (Team Lead).
- Modify and enhance existing software to add or change features, while constantly improving the codebase.
- Participate in the estimation of work to be done as part of an overall agile process.
- Coordinate application implementation and test functionality to ensure specifications are met.
- Write correct and clean code, following stated best practices and rarely making the same mistake twice.
- Participate in technical design decisions with guidance.
- Focus on attaining expertise in one or more areas of the codebase.
- Provide support for your area including components you may not be familiar with.
- Give timely, helpful feedback to peers and managers.
- Communicate assumptions and get clarification on tasks to minimize the need for rework.
- Solicit feedback from others and eager to find ways to improve.
- Understand how your work fits into the larger project and identify issues with requirements
- Capable of prioritizing and completing complex tasks with guidance as part of a team
- Make steady progress without the need for constant feedback from more senior engineers and know when to ask for help if blocked
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 8+ years of experience building robust, scalable, reliable and performant distributed software applications
- Expertise and experience in at least one language commonly used to build enterprise software, preferably Java (Java Enterprise Edition and/or Spring)
- Experience with AWS tools and services
- Proficiency in SQL
- Experience with implementing microservices and familiarity with microservice patterns
- Familiarity with software design patterns, enterprise integration patterns
- Strong communication skills, including documentation.
- Experience with modern SDLC processes –Git-based development, DevOps/CI-CD, Scrum/SAFe
- Strong problem-solving skills, willingness to learn and experiment
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Ability to work very closely with a larger development team of differing skillsets
- Experience with containerization and container orchestration frameworks
- Experience with no-SQL databases
- Experience with test-driven development
- Ability to lead requirements gathering, design and development of complex systems.
- Track record of designing and developing high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule.
- Effective team leader on diverse and different teams.
- Bachelor’s degree, a Master’s degree is a plus.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
Employees in roles that require travel will need to be able to qualify for a company credit card or be able to use their own personal credit card for travel expenses and submit for reimbursement.
New York and New Jersey Residents Only: The salary range for New York City, NY and Westchester County, NY is $122,590 – $237,600. The salary range for Ithaca, NY is $106,600 – $198,000. The salary range for Jersey City, NJ is $127,920 – $237,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, Change Healthcare offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with Change Healthcare, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
•At Change Healthcare, we include all. We celebrate diversity and inclusivity, respect each other and value our unique experiences. By being our authentic selves, we bring different perspectives into our work and relationships.
•Business Resource Groups (BRGs) play a central role in advancing diversity and inclusion at Change Healthcare. They deepen our understanding of different cultures, people, and experiences, and help foster an inclusive workplace. Change offers eight (8) BRGs. Learn more at https://careers.changehealthcare.com/diversity
Feeling Inspired? Ready to #MakeAChange? Apply today!
COVID Vaccination Requirements
We remain committed to doing our part to ensure the health, safety and well-being of our team members and our communities. As such, some individuals may be required to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to or during employment. Certain roles may require COVID-19 vaccination and/or testing as a condition of employment. Change Healthcare adheres to COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Statement
Change Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To read more about employment discrimination protections under federal law, read EEO is the Law at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo-law-poster and the supplemental information at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com with "Applicant requesting reasonable accommodation" as the subject. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Click here https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf to view our pay transparency nondiscrimination policy.
California (US) Residents: By submitting an application to Change Healthcare for consideration of any employment opportunity, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Change Healthcare’s Privacy Notice to California Job Applicants Regarding the Collection of Personal Information.
Change Healthcare maintains a drug free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug-testing, where applicable, in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.