Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications. Supports and/or installs software applications/operating systems and participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software by performing the following duties.
- Ability to develop software for VxWorks, Windows and Linux.
- Maintains embedded software for all company vehicles and prototypes.
- Imports code changes from multiple programmers.
- Maintains detailed changes information between versions.
- Designs a regression test procedure for each release.
- Debugs vehicle and Vehicle Interface Program bugs.
- Writes process sheets for Operating Systems, Ghosting and File Transfer Protocol Servers.
- Provides training to Hydroid personnel on all new software features.
- Provides and maintains detailed list of bug fixes, and new features with each release such that customer support can assist REMUS users.
- Provides input for manuals on new features.
- Provides input for training slides on new features.
- Provides guidance on new release content (bug fixtures and enhancements) that can be used for marketing purposes.
- Creates and updates computer programs to satisfy user requests.
- Discusses requests with users for clarification and recommends modifications to lower costs, enhance usability or expand functionality.
- Develops test data and test plans for requested programs and systems.
- Creates and reviews program and system documentation and flow charts to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Works with data center operations and data security personnel to move programs and systems from test to production status.
- Works with and supports sales/marketing functions.
- Travels to offsite locations as required, maybe overseas.
- Follows safety procedures as set forth by the company.
- Analyzes data and provides support to each department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and six to eight years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Underwater manufacturing vehicle experience preferred.
- Knowledge of VxWorks; Microsoft Visual Studio; Microsoft Net; Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Internet Explorer; Microsoft Project; Microsoft Access.
- eThe ideal candidate is an individual that can work in a fast paced environment; with a high attention to detail, excellent problem solving skills, ability to multi-task and enthusiastic attitude.
A condition of this position will require the successful Applicant to pass a government security investigation and must subsequently receive authorization to access US Department of Defense Controlled Unclassified Information (“CUI”) and potentially classified information.
We offer a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package including 75% company paid medical and dental insurance. The company also offers paid Life, STD, LTD, tuition reimbursement and 401K with company match, and more.
Hydroid is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/AA/M/F/V/D Employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need assistance with the application process as a result of your disability please call 1-508-563-6565 or mail your request to 1 Henry Drive, Pocasset, MA 02559, Attn: Employment Application Assistance.
Don’t forget to check us out here!
** Click APPLY to show link to read full job details **
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.