Senior Sprinkler Project Manager (West Coast)
** This Sr. PM can be home based anywhere on the West Coast **
What you will do
Johnson Controls Advanced Services Division is seeking an experienced Sr. Sprinkler Project Manager who is a self-motivated and driven individual with superior relationship building skills. Lead moderately complex projects that generally have been assigned a medium to high corporate priority. Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project management, setup of local project offices, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, and facilitation. Maintains control of schedule, cost, safety, quality, and customer expectations/satisfaction at all times. Presents to management and/or customers on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. May manage vendor relationships throughout the installation. Ensures projects are closed on time and in scope. Proven experience supporting top tier accounts; 10 million dollar annual revenue or equivalent experience with top tier accounts at another large firm.
How you will do it
* Methodology – Understanding of Project Management Institute’s (PMI) methodology and key knowledge areas; Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human Resources, Communications, Risk and Procurement Management.
* Communication/Coordination – Responsible for communication and status reporting to project staff, customer and Johnson Controls management. Responsible for work plan, managing project resources, duty assignment, responsibilities, scope of authority and provides technical advice and problem resolution to all aspects of project.
* Fiscal – Responsible for tracking projects expenditures and installation progress through reviews of status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules of plans as required. Maintains full financial accountability to project; requires ability to forecast financial trends across project, ability to understand internal Johnson Controls and external client cost structures and integrate, or translate to/from Johnson Controls accounting methodology using AIA standards.
* Quality – Maintain full accountability to project quality; conducting inspections of worksite, ensuring workmanship meets Johnson Controls installation required quality standards and expectations.
* Customer Service – Provide responsive, concise, and professional support to all customers and other personnel and ensures timely follow-up on all customer concerns and issues.
What we look for:
* Education: Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree or equivalent work experience of at least five years.
* 5 years Project Management – sprinkler industry or new construction experience preferred.
* Travel; 60% or as needed
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call ************ and press option #0 or email **********************.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.