Arup is dedicated to shaping a better world. We are 14,000-person strong, global group of designers, engineers, planners and consultants, who work together to create solutions that benefit not just our clients, but also our world. We believe that great design comes out of a commitment to quality, creativity, and intensive cross-disciplinary collaboration. Arup’s culture looks a lot like the future: globally-linked, locally-focused, and radically innovative.
Turning challenges into opportunities is one of our core philosophies. In the 21st century, we face two major challenges: climate change and the exponential growth of cities. Arup is rising to these challenges by bringing together experts from a number of disciplines to ambitiously reimagine “the city.” Our mission is to develop innovations today that help ensure cities remain sustainable and resilient long into the future. Arup’s Integrated Planning team is playing a key role in this effort. Our San Francisco office has built a reputation for visionary planning and has participated in some of the Bay Area’s most notable transportation projects, including the Transbay Transit Center, the Concord Naval Weapons Station Redevelopment, and the Presidio Parkway.
We are growing our Integrated Planning team in San Francisco. We are seeking a Senior Traffic Engineer to join our leadership team. We seek an individual with the technical expertise, experience and motivation to deliver innovative solutions. Current transportation planning projects include work for the public and private sector relating to multi-modal transportation planning, traffic impact studies, transit planning, traffic micro simulation, parking, site planning & development, complete streets, pedestrian & bicycle facilities, and integrated land use/transportation planning.
• Engaging in business development efforts to secure traffic engineering, multimodal transportation planning, development, and transportation infrastructure projects
• Leading and managing a range of projects, including multimodal transportation plans, master plans, traffic engineering analyses, parking studies, safety and collision assessments, transportation-related development entitlements, travel demand and ridership forecasting, Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), and conceptual design of streets and other transportation infrastructure
• Participating in Arup’s projects and research efforts in Connected and Autonomous Vehicles and other transportation technologies
• Preparing and managing preparation of high quality project deliverables, including print documentation and presentations
• Preparing and delivering effective public presentations and representing Arup to clients and the general public
• Establishing and maintaining connections with professional colleagues, identifying and developing marketing leads, preparing marketing proposals and materials, and representing Arup at interviews
• Delivering high-quality products, undertaking financial management of projects and being responsible for client relationships, and management of staff and subcontractors
• Leading, managing and mentoring staff
• Undergraduate or Master’s degree in City and Regional Planning, Civil Engineering, or closely related discipline.
• 7+ years relevant professional experience with a portfolio of completed professional planning projects and roster of satisfied past clients
• Professional leadership demonstrated by publications, committee memberships, professional presentations or other activities
• Ability or obtain professional qualification and/or engineering license in California, and/or AICP certification
• Experience leading projects with CEQA/NEPA requirements, traffic capacity and microsimulation analyses, and/or travel demand modeling is highly desirable
• Excellent planning and organization skills
• Highly motivated and willing to take on new challenges
• Collaborative and interdisciplinary outlook
• Creativity in intellectual and technical approach
• Established reputation in the professional community
• Experience working with both public and private sector clients
• Established working relationships with leading specialist firms
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup offers an outstanding benefits package including healthcare, GRRSP match, time off and profit share.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.