The Senior User Experience Designer will lead the discovery and design efforts focused on the online claim experience. The designer will collaborate with a product manager and tech lead to envision new cross-channel customer experiences for large recognizable retail, mobile, and insurance partners that offer Asurion’s tech support and protection.
The position will report to a senior manager within the larger Asurion Design Group, a hybrid product design organization that consists of a core centralized team that positions designers in cross functional customer journey teams with unique product offerings.
He or she will be responsible for understanding customer behaviors; synthesizing complex tasks into simple, delightful customer experiences; collaborating with peers and other departments to define, develop, launch, and measure new product concepts; and sharing talents and expertise with fellow designers.
In this role, you will:
– Provide design leadership within an autonomous journey team by collaborating with product management and engineering partners to champion exceptional customer experiences.
– Plan, manage, execute, and communicate the design process and deliverables.
– Facilitate design thinking workshops and sprints.
– Proactively define requirements and solve for complex multi-channel customer experience by understanding the intersection of customer needs, business goals, and technical feasibility.
– Be an advocate for customers by leading empathy research studies to understand customer needs, wants, desires, pain points, and behaviors.
– Conceptualize interaction touchpoints and customer behaviors through personas, journey maps, user flows, user stories, mockups, prototypes, design patterns, and user interface specifications.
– Design responsive digital experiences that are optimized for multiple device sizes.
– Rapidly user test new prototype concepts to validate ideas and identify opportunities for improvement.
– Draft measurement plans and run live multivariate tests on new designs to gather quantitative performance data.
– Present new design concepts, strategies, and reports to senior leadership.
– Identify and facilitate opportunities for collaboration and information sharing across related journey teams.
– Provide training situations by sharing expertise with team members.
– Contribute to design critiques by sharing work and providing objective feedback to other designers.
– Raise the standard of quality by striving to improve what already exists and applying the latest proven interaction design approaches and processes.
– BS Interaction Design, Human Factors, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Architecture or similar
– Masters preferred
– 5-6+ years designing and testing digital experiences
– No previous management required
– Portfolio of projects or case studies that highlight the design process, resulting digital experiences, and outcomes
– Working knowledge of the design thinking process
– Experience working with closely with product managers and engineers
– Experience gathering knowledge from multiple sources
– Curiosity in behavioral psychology and how different types of users interact with technology
– Deep passion for product design, constantly keeping abreast of latest trends, best practices, and competitive activity
– Experience designing for multiple interaction channels and how they fit into a holistic service experience
– Experience designing digital experiences for multiple devices
– Driven to solve problems quickly and keep things moving
Simply put, Asurion helps people stay connected. We are a privately held company which enables us to focus on long term customer and client value. As the global leader of connected life services, we provide over 290 million consumers around the world with simple, intuitive technology advice to help them get the most from their devices; support to fix their issues and connectivity crisis, and device protection to ensure they receive a replacement or repair. When a product is missing or simply doesn’t work properly, Asurion’s 17,000 employees are focused on solving the problem with people and processes operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, speaking six languages, and working across any device, platform, or provider. By partnering with leading retailers, mobile carriers and pay-tv providers, Asurion helps customers enhance their lives through their technology.
on Company Website
Job ID: PRO00884
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
We’re a technology company. But we’re also an amazing group of people. When you call us, you’ll talk to people with the patience and experience to genuinely help. We understand what it’s like to spill water on a cell phone or have a hard drive crash on a term paper. We replace. We fix. We find. We solve. We keep you in the game. Asurion. Life’s Operating System Contact Info
– Sterling, VA
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.