Software Developer – II
Job ID: ******
Company: : ********** Services, Inc.
Position Category: Software Development
Are you obsessed with building the next generation shopping experience for Amazon customers? Do you want to redefine and build an experience starting with the customer and building services to support it? If any of this motivates you then look no further, come join us to lead a team of talented engineers to build a magical experience for our customers.
Amazon is building the next generation shopping experience, with a massive collection of inventory from various brands, so customers have a seamless shopping experience. Today the online clothing shopper faces challenges on multiple fronts: discovering interesting items in a sea of products, evaluating fit, assessing cut and other style details.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in designing, developing, testing and deploying customer-facing experiences with the appropriate services in the backend. You will be working with the product team to define the requirements and customer experience, contributing to the vision and building a roadmap for the team, and ensuring the right business metrics are in place to measure our experiences both offline and online. You will also be responsible for making sure that we have a high bar in Operational excellence and engineering.
Our innovative systems include highly efficient and large scale platforms built on Amazon’s cloud computing infrastructure. For this position you will have a strong background in OO design with Java. Experience working with web services, XML, JSON, Apache services is desired. Linux system development experience is a plus. Equally important to these specific skills is the ability to multi-task, quickly adapt to new development environments and changing business requirements, learn new systems, create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems. You will also have experience hiring and developing a strong team of engineers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
– 6+ years of experience as a software developer
– 2+ years of experience managing people
– Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
– Experience managing front-end, back-end, and services-oriented software systems
– Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
– Experience building teams and recruiting software engineers
– Deep hands-on technical expertise; prior experience as a software developer or software development manager preferred
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
– Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
– A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
– Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability, and performance
– A passion for people management and mentorship
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.