Sentry’s Personal Lines web development team is about developing interactive web and mobile solutions to exceed our customer, agent, and associate needs. Our modern technical solutions seek to provide a user experience that differentiates our business from the competition with robust, easy-to-use features that help people get things done, quickly. In addition, our group embraces agile application development methodologies to increase delivery speed, reduce cost, improve customer satisfaction, and increase associate engagement.
What You’ll Do
As a software engineer on the Personal Lines web development team, you’ll work with our customers, business analysts, and user experience team, to develop robust and user-friendly angular apps built on RESTful JEE services. Some of the other exciting duties you’ll complete are:
– Analyze business processes and requests to provide estimates, develop and deliver solutions per the project methodology.
– Responsible for application quality from the design phase, includes manual and automated testing.
– security and programming standards (e.g., performance, reliability, maintainability) and participates in code reviews to ensure quality.
– Use Agile development methodology to quickly deliver applications that are focused on a positive user experience
– Web Development
– Evaluate new technologies and techniques for incorporation into products and processes
– Assist with resolving technical problems related to the applications we support
What it Takes
We are seeking an individual who is highly motivated to solve business problems, learn new technologies, and become a member of a great team. This individual is able to work both independently and in a team environment. They are able to critically think about the long-term implications of technical decisions.
– 2+ years of related work experience
– Degree in Web Development, Computer Science, or related fields
– Experience in the following technologies or concepts is preferred:
o Java 8
o Cordova / Ionic
o Adobe Photoshop
– Prior experience in a programming role on projects involving delivery of web and/or mobile applications
– Ability to interpret business area requirements in the form of User Stories and Use Cases and create user focused applications
– Experience working in a collaborative environment sharing ideas and problem solving as a team
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
– Excellent communication, facilitation, documentation, and interpersonal skills
– Eligible to work in the United States
– The ability to learn new technologies independently
What You’ll Receive
Sentry’s excellent benefits package is designed to meet today’s most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
– Competitive Compensation
– Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
– 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent
– Comprehensive paid training
– Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
– Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
If you are interested in joining Sentry’s team, select the one position that you are most interested in being considered for and complete your online application details. If you have applied with us before, you will only need to provide your email address and password. If this is your first time applying, you’ll need to create an account. Please upload your resume directly, in addition to completing your online application details.
Who You’ll Want to Contact
Laura Kaczmarski, Talent Acquisition Specialist
All of us at Sentrymore than 4,000 associateshave various talents, skills, and backgrounds. We work together to deliver on our promises to our policyholders every day. We’re proud to offer a full line of property, casualty, and life insurance products to help protect businesses, cars, homes, lives, and retirement income.
Our headquarters is in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, with claims and service offices located throughout the United States. From sales to claims, and information technology to marketing, we enjoy a rewarding and challenging work environment with opportunities for ongoing professional development and growth.
Our bright future is built on a long track record of success. We got our start in 1904 and have been helping businesses succeed and protect their futures ever since. Because of the trust placed in us, we’re one of the largest and financially strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States. We’re rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority.
Get ready to own your future at Sentry. Opportunities await.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy that there be no discrimination in employment based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, marital status, or sexual orientation.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.