West Corporation is currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer for our West Safety Services site in Longmont, CO. The successful candidate will join our Next Generation 9-1-1 Software Engineering team, who develop and support our VoIP 9-1-1 Selective Router system. This team focuses on next generation technology for the legacy terrestrial telephony world, and ensures all systems can access 9-1-1, both the old and the new.
The Software Engineer is responsible for working on highly technical, complex projects in order to develop technical solutions and services which are cost effective while meeting business needs.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Development of interfaces in and out of applications, and end user support for multiple applications
– Analyze and review functional and performance requirements to support design architecture, providing alternative solutions as necessary
– Perform troubleshooting and issue resolution throughout project ensuring issues are brought to resolution and on-going communication with project team and management is maintained
– Maintain design and testing documentation
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, MIS, or a related field required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements
– Minimum five years progressively responsible programming experience using a standard coding language and/or platform required
– Minimum four years’ experience writing detailed program designs for medium to large sized projects preferred
The following experience is highly preferred:
– Ten years programming experience, demonstrating increasing responsibility
– Eight years of a Java programming
– Two years working in an Agile software development environment
– Two years Test Automation development
– Project leadership experience preferred
– Knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
– Knowledge of JAVA, Database design and integration, SIP, voice over IP, etc.
The following technical experience is highly preferred:
– Application Server development using Oracle OCCAS and Tomcat
– Operates programming platforms based in Unix, Linux, or Windows
– Development using Eclipse IDE
– Experience with CI/CD tools Git, Maven, Artifactory, Jenkins, Ansible
– Working knowledge of telephony protocols SIP, CAS, ISDN, SS7 and voice over IP protocols
– Test Automation tools TestComplete and Zephyr
– Knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
– Knowledge of MS Project and Point preferred
Do you share our passion of ‘work worth doing?’ Demand for our services continues to grow. We are looking for the nation’s best who are interested in making a difference. If you are interested in this position and meet the minimum requirements, apply online today!
If you work at West Safety Services, you’ll never take 9-1-1 for granted again. For more than 35 years, we’ve been a leader in an industry where the stakes are high, as are our expectations of each other. We recruit the best talent because our success is measured in lives saved, in communities protected and in assets secured.
Our 9-1-1 and other emergency communications technologies provide the essential link between telecommunications firms, wireless carriers, cable and security systems providers and public safety agencies. The proliferation of smart devices, sensors and new media are fueling our recent innovations that help guide emergency responders and public safety professionals as they assess complex, critical situations in real-time.
Not only do you finish each day knowing you have helped save lives but there are also some great perks in addition to compensation, competitive health benefits, paid time off, and a 401K:
– Access to hundreds of online and in-person training courses to help you understand our solutions, develop your skills and become more effective both personally and professionally
– A spacious gym with ellipticals, treadmills, bikes, weights, and even group classes
– Community outreach through a 501(c)(3) non-profit that supports local youth, seniors, and our military
– On-campus dry cleaning service and much more
Please Note: The Company has strict background check requirements both pre-employment and during employment. Depending upon the position and/or access required, applicants and personnel may be required to successfully complete additional background checks including, but not limited to customer background checks, Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) certification – criminal history check, fingerprinting and training. The company also runs a motor vehicle record check as part of the background check process.
The company conducts pre-employment drug screening and periodic screening during employment. Please note, marijuana remains an illegal drug under federal law. We have federal contracts that require us to be compliant with the federal Drug Free Workplace Act. West Safety Services is a tobacco free workplace.
Applications will be accepted through 3/8/2019
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Don’t forget to join our online talent community and ‘Like’ West Careers on Facebook to receive updates about exciting opportunities and network with other West employees
on Company Website
Job ID: ******
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
West Corporation Contact Info
– Longmont, CO
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.