My client is able to provide answers today to critical natural capital issues. They provide innovative measurements of natural capital that use cutting-edge remote sensing, machine learning, and ecological science. They develop remote sensing technology designed to monitor natural capital and can directly measure carbon stock, gains, and losses with sensor fusion technology. They enable clients with measurements of natural capital to address the global climate and natural crises. Their state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms fuse data from multiple Earth observation satellites to then give accurate and scalable measurements of carbon stocks from anywhere in the world.
They are using satellite data and artificial intelligence to create products enabling organizations to confidently invest in nature-based solutions, reduce their carbon footprint, and achieve their sustainability goals
They are looking for a talented Software Engineer (Back-end) to support the deployment of their innovative technology by enterprises active in the voluntary carbon markets. This backend software engineer will work closely with the data science team to bring their code to production. They are looking for someone who is passionate about testing software products and are excited to join a mission-driven and venture backed startup. Someone who has great communication skills and the ability to work in a team is a great fit for this role!
Required skills and experiences:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with Python or similar language
- Understanding of Object Oriented and Functional Programming paradigms
- Independent and self-motivated with excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills
Preferred skills and experiences:
- Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, S3, and DynamoDB
- Experience with Open Source Geospatial tools such as GDAL, Geopandas, Rasterio, Xarray, etc
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.