SOLUTE, Inc. is a dynamic group of professionals that focus on solving the nations hardest technical challenges in software engineering, data analytics, and cyber security. The Advanced Concepts team operates like a startup within SOLUTE and is composed of world-class technologists building cutting-edge technologies in an open, innovative environment. Our team uses Agile and Lean approaches to teach next-generation developers to create and build new solutions. The team is close-knit, values work-life balance and having fun while delivering high quality results.
We are seeking talented and highly motivated individuals to apply their skills and knowledge to a develop exciting solutions in support of a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) modernization effort for a underwater surveillance system. This position will offer the opportunity to influence overall system architecture and solve day-to-day integration challenges of part of a large, real-time system.
* Work on-site, at the Catalyst Compound, with other development teams, including USAF Platform One
* Integrate into existing software development cycle (e.g. Standups, Retrospectives)
* Develop and monitor tasking using a agile task management system such as JIRA or Redmine
* Design and execute prototype implementations of new system architecture
* Achieve mission goals with minimal supervision
* Work with system architects to map out integration and implementation requirements
* Research and recommend novel solutions to implementation challenges
* Implement overall system architecture in an efficient and elegant manner
* Contribute to internal SOLUTE project development
* Ability to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance (US Citizen)
* Comfortable developing in a Linux environment
* Thorough understanding git source code management workflows
* Proven ability to communicate and discuss ideas effectively
* Comfortable working as part of an Agile development team
* Experience with Java and/or C++ development
* Experience integrating with distributed systems through REST, message queues, RPC, etc.
* Basic understanding of distributed systems development
* Experience working in a DevOps environment
* Understanding of distributed system communications (Message Queues, RPC, etc.)
* Ability to interpret and integrate SQL queries
* Firm understanding of relational and non-relational databases
* Desire to evangelize and improve development practices
* Active Secret Clearance
* Experience with Configuration Management Tools (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, etc.)
* Comprehensive understanding of database queries and optimization strategies
* Experience with containerization technologies (Docker, Rocket, etc.)
* Understanding of key virtualization technologies and platforms (Vmware, KVM, Xen, etc.)
* Medical, Dental and Vision
* Life and A&D coverage
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* 401(k) Plan with company matching contributions
* Paid Time Off (PTO) and 10 Paid Holidays
* Educational assistance
SOLUTE is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other applicable legally protected status or characteristic.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.