Software Engineer in Test (6+ Years)
Software Engineer in Test (Experience in Sapien Core Insurance Suite Testing):
We are hiring highly motivated Software Engineer in Test who can support Sapient Core Insurance Suite Testing in multiple ways such as testing strategy, test execution, automation testing, Test Case development, analysis. The member's focus will be on new Sapien application that is being implemented – ClaimsPro, PolicyPro and Billing Pro The outcome of this role will elevate the efficiency and speed at which the new implemented Sapien applications can delivers quality to our customers.
You will have an opportunity to work with top Financial Services companies using your technical skills. We are looking for Software Engineer in Test with primary focus on COTS products implementation testing with experience in Sapien (ClaimsPro/PolicyPro/Billing Pro). Experience in other COTS products like Guidewire testing would be an asset.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Lead the design and development of test automation
• Lead and influence a team of Software Engineers around testing best practices operating in an agile methodology
• Partners and collaborates with project team members and the business to design/develop testing strategies. Design and promote automated test software engineering and bug prevention strategies which is both scalable and maintainable
• Creates test plans and test cases (including functional and regression) utilizing business/solution requirements and technical design documentation
• Perform testing to ensure that the features, modules, services are implemented and functions as designed
• Ensures that testing meets organization standards for compliance
• Triage defects, which includes detection, risk assessment, documentation and retesting
• Assesses software for stability
• Support the team in integrating the test scripts into CI/CD pipelines
• Collaborate with team members on improving team's test coverage, release velocity and production health
• Participate in application code and test code reviews with rest of the Scrum team
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Experience and Technical Skills
• Overall 6+ years of experience working in a corporate environment as a software quality engineer with heavy focus on automation
• 5+ years of experience with designing and developing automation test cases
• 5+ years of experience with testing Insurance COTS products implementation testing (Sapien/Guidewire etc)
• 3+ years experience in Sapien Testing Insurance Core Suite (ClaimsPro/PolicyPro/Billing Pro).
• Proficient utilizing frameworks such as Selenium, Protractor, Robot Framework, REST Assured
• Experience testing application developed with frameworks such as Angular, React, Node.js
• Experience developing scripts using JAVA, Java script, Python
• Experience developing automation scripts to test RESTful APIs
• Experience in integrating the test scripts into DevOps Jenkin pipeline
• Experience in testing cross browser compatibility
• Experience working in a flexible agile-scrum product development team
• Hands-on experience with creating and using Virtual / Mock assets
• Strong demonstrated experience in delivering software solutions in an Agile environment
• Exposure and experience in cloud environment is a plus
• Energetically pursue new technologies and their adoption
• Leading the outcome by taking personal accountability for delivering strong results
• Thrive in a fast paced, high demand environment
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software engineering and/or development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other engineers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $80,000-$100,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more.
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.