There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
General Motors is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for potential future opportunities as Software Engineers- Java Development . In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, if you are interested in learning more about GM, completing this profile will allow us to stay connected.
In recent years, GM Information Technology has successfully executed the largest IT transformation in the history of the automotive industry, fully insourcing what once was a nearly completely outsourced IT function. Today GM IT is a dynamic and fast paced organization that designs, develops and maintains all IT infrastructure, applications and solutions enabling GM’s global operations. From designing and building the next generation of electric and other vehicles to developing a world-class GM experience for our dealers and customers, GM IT is driving real change in the most iconic automaker on the planet. Our team delivers unique enterprise-wide IT solutions in cutting-edge technologies such as mobility, telematics, mission-critical business systems, supercomputing, cloud, vehicle engineering and real-time computing. We offer challenging positions for passionate professionals looking to advance their careers and be a part of an IT organization focused on innovation, speed, and business value.
About the Software Engineers (Java Development):
As Software Engineers, we are responsible for delivering innovative design and top-notch code with maintainable unit and integration tests. Our developers work in cross-functional, collaborative environments.All team members demonstrate GM’s Cultural Behaviors of accountability, collaboration, integrity, and inclusion.
You will be involved in close interaction with the entire CORE scrum team, Systems Architect, development team leaders, business team members and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver enhancements. There will be ample opportunities to quickly expand on your technical experience, with plenty of business exposure. Software Engineers provide leadership and technical expertise to enable multi-layered solution architectures that comprehend and specify business, application, data and infrastructure designs. The ideal candidate for this role will possess a passion for technology and a desire to enhance our safety related applications while maintaining their continuous availability.
Applicants must have strong core Java skills and some additional technical skills and experience:
- 3+ years’ experience delivering Java / JEE Business Solutions
- 3+ years’ experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- 3+ years’ experience SQL/Oracle
- 3+ years’ experience with OO analysis and design experience
- Experience with WebLogic
- Experience with Microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry,Spark, Kubernetes, Akka, Pulsar, RabbitMQ, Cassandra, Redis, Bitbucket and Maven
- Proficiency with Agile Dev Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks)
- Proficiency with SQL, Hibernate, Web Services (REST and/or SOAP)
Additional Job Description
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or, equivalent combination of education and recent, relevant work experience
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with Agile teams that have regularly delivered software while practicing code review
- Creating self-contained, reusable, and testable modules and components in front-end and back-end work
- Experience with monitoring tools and event processing from incident alerts from monitoringtools.SiteScopeand HP EnterpriseOperations BridgeManager is a plus.
- 2+years’experienceLinux/Unixshell scripting and/or Python.
- 2+ years’ experience creating and running JUnit Tests
- Working knowledge of source control software (SVN, Git or TFS).
- Working knowledge with CI/CD Technologies / Best Practices (Artifactory, Black Duck, Chef, CARA, SonarQube and Jenkins, Buildpipelines,GitFlow,etc.)
- Experiencewith Docket, Kubernetesor Groovy, isa plus
- Experience with ELK stack and dashboarding within Kibana is a plus
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.