Who We Are
Our work matters – robotics is transforming the world of commerce. Every day our intelligent robots are responsible for getting food and merchandise to thousands of stores across North America. We're an industry changer – we created the first and only fully autonomous, end-to-end supply chain solution. Today, we are driving towards even bigger ideas – and we have the people, technology and leadership to fully realize these aspirations. We have theexcitement and ambition of a startup with the benefits and resources of a proven organization.
What You'll Do
As a Software Engineer, you will play a hands-on role in the development of a suite of applications and tools for our next generation of software which controls fleets of mobile robots and industrial systems. The qualified candidate will make key contributions to bring our robotics solutions to our customers. We are looking for people who thrive in a creative, collaborative and agile development environment.
In This Role
- Play an active role as part of an engineering team developing solutions for a multi-vehicle routing problem
- Design, develop and maintain real-time high-performance software to control fleets of mobile robots
- Build high-quality software in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Collaborate with the team on best practices and improve quality standards
- Analyze and address the root cause of issues affecting product performance
What You'll Need
- You have 0-2 years of professional experience designing and developing software applications
- You've been building distributed backend applications professionally for 0-2 years (experience with performance-critical applications is a strong plus)
- You have experience with event-driven architectures, messaging systems, and protocols (RabbitMQ, MQTT, gRPC)
- You are an expert in OOP and have a strong C++ background
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures and algorithms
- You write understandable, testable code with an eye toward maintainability
- You have completed a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Experience with path planning algorithms, dynamic simulation
- Familiarity with Linux/Ubuntu and ROS
- Familiarity with MATLAB and Python
- Experience in 3D graphics (OpenGL, DirectX, Unity3D) or computational geometry
Symbotic is an automation technology leader reimagining the supply chain with its end-to-end, AI-powered robotic and software platform. Symbotic reinvents the warehouse as a strategic asset for the world's largest retail, wholesale, and food & beverage companies. Applying next-gen technology, high-density storage and machine learning to solve today's complex distribution challenges, Symbotic enables companies to move goods with unmatched speed, agility, accuracy and efficiency. As the backbone of commerce the Symbotic platform transforms the flow of goods and the economics of supply chain for its customers. For more information, visit www.symbotic.com .
We are a community of innovators, collaborators and pioneers who embrace our differences, because we know unique perspectives make us stronger and smarter. Every perspective matters. We depend on the collective voices of our employees, customers and community to help guide us as we build a better place to work – for you and the world. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.