For Siemens Software Engineer – Teamcenter – Troy, MI job – Research & Development – Troy, Michigan
Skip to Main Content
– Our Stories
– My Dashboard
– My Dashboard
– Our Stories
Software Engineer – Teamcenter – Troy, MI
Locations: Troy, Michigan
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: ******
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: ***********************************************************
Siemens PLM Software is a world-leading provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software solutions. We help manufacturers realize innovation in their Digital Enterprise by optimizing their processes, from planning and development through manufacturing, production and support. Siemens PLM Client Platform team is looking out for passionate software engineers to help build next generation Client for Teamcenter product tackling a variety of problems like Declarative Client, enhancing client extensibility and user experience, plus many more. As a key member of the Client Platform team, you will have the unique opportunity to shape and build Active Workspace Client offering from Siemens while getting hands on experience integrating with many Siemens PLM products.
You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged. At Siemens PLM, every Software engineer has the opportunity to positively impact millions of customers and you will be called on to identify and realize these opportunities. Siemens PLM is a high growth organization working on products and software that is changing the world. Be part of this fantastic new opportunity and inspiring culture of relentless innovation towards Ingenuity for Life.
The person in this role will be developing software in the Client Platform team. The software development activity could be prototype code, researching an emerging technology, developing applications and testing harnesses. The person in this role will be on an Agile Scrum team, and will participate a daily scrum meeting, updating story tasks, and providing daily updates to the team while reporting to Software Development Manager of Client Platform team within the LCS organization
– Perform Design and Software programming of Products and services in Client Framework area of Teamcenter Active workspace product with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery.
– Perform the steps in Software development life cycle (specs, design, construction, test plan & execution) and/or Agile methodology for a number of projects in parallel.
– Creates, documents, and executes software designs which may involve complicated workflows or multiple product areas.
– Has comprehensive and diversified knowledge of engineering/computer science methods and practices.
– Occasional customer interaction.
– Solve complex technical problems.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
– Training or experience in one or more Object oriented programming language such as C++, Java
– Training or experience in one or more of technologies such as Angular, Node, Type Scripting, HTML, CSS is required
– Strong knowledge of client-server architecture and development. Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) development and debugging techniques is required
– Hands-on experience with unit, integration and behavior testing
– Ability to work in Agile product development team environment
– Ability to work in a team environment and be willing to do what is needed for the success of the team
– Design and development experience using IDEs used for web technologies like Visual Studio code etc.
– Understanding of the issues related to OOAD and design patterns.
– Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems.
– Works with minimal supervision on complex projects with wide latitude for independent judgment.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
– Training or experience in Full stack development
– Training or experience in one or more PLM Products or tools (CAD/CAM, PDM, Digital Manufacturing)
– Prior training or experience in developing PLM systems such as Teamcenter or Active workspace is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
Can’t find what you are looking for?
Let’s stay connected
US Only: Review Accommodations for Disability
Siemens AG, 1996 – 2018
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.