Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life
Job Family Summary
Within this team, data strategy, integration and governance are developed and managed. This area works across all business areas.
A Solution Architect is accountable for the alignment of business objectives to the delivery of data capabilities. This position is responsible for working with the business units to understand their strategic objectives and problems, and will collaborate with all groups that design and influence solutions to ensure that the approach is technically sound, the data is fit for use, the solution adheres to enterprise data standards, and the resulting solution is timely and effective. The Solution Architect drives the thinking on leveraging data and Systems as an asset (integrated data sourcing, development, usage, and availability). This role will primarily support solutions in the Information Services Group’s Data Management space.
– Act as primary Solution Architect supporting vended and in-house data management solutions, including:
– Metadata / data cataloging initiatives and data access enablement
– Data Quality tooling
– Reference data management tools and services
– Data structures design and operationalization
– Ensure that implementations align to enterprise data strategy principles
– Provide consulting to project and product teams on adhering to enterprise Architecture standards
– Ensure a cross-functional view of business data is available to the enterprise
– Communicate technology strategy via roadmaps, conceptual diagrams and solution documents
– Provide consultation to teams on the tactical application of reference architectures and the strategic direction of enterprise technology
– Collaborate with technologists and business people to identify opportunities for innovation and automation
– Using independent research and analysis of industry and technology trends, provide actionable ideas for innovation and business capability development
– Author reference architectures and positions that support the design, deployment and support of complex systems that deliver business functionality
– Verify conformance to architectural patterns, practices and enterprise/departmental reference architecture
– Drive change from within IT through communication with teams regarding processes, standards and culture
– Support vendor selection and analysis process by evaluating vendor architecture’s fit within the Domain
– Partner with developers and integration architects to deliver effective integrations of in-house and vended solutions to provide seamless data management solutions across all businesses.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
– 5+ years of experience in IT in technology architecture, operations, and design related discipline
– Experience utilizing open source frameworks and re-usable components
– Strong knowledge of integration technologies, approaches and patterns
– Strong knowledge of security (risks and threats, authentication, authorization, certificates, encryption)
– Knowledge of cloud technologies and patterns to migrate to the cloud
– Experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server, MySQL, and Oracle
– Experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB and Hadoop
– Ability to tie together solutions across systems
Nice to have:
– Proficient (3+ years) in industry practices and common tools for master data management, data quality, metadata management and data modeling
– Experience with json and avro structures
– Experience in the insurance industry
– Canonical data modeling experience
– Experience working within agile methodologies
– Proficiency with Real-time analytics and Streaming data platforms
– Ability to lead or mentor a group of employees (directly or indirectly)
– Ability to concentrate on a wide range of loosely defined complex situations, which require application of creativity and originality, where guidance and counsel may be unavailable
– Developing and implementing an effective communication process internally and with external constituents; effective written and verbal communication skills
– High level organizational and project management skills to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner
– Ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click ‘here’ for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click ‘here’ for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
on Company Website
Job ID: 1743_******
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Allstate Insurance Company
The Allstate Corporation is the largest publicly held personal lines property and casualty insurer in America, serving more than 16 million households nationwide. Founded in 1931, Allstate has been dedicated to protecting our customers from life’s uncertainties and preparing them for the future for more than 85 years. Allstate became a publicly traded company in 1993, and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol ALL. As of year-end 2015, Allstate had nearly $104.7 billion in total assets. Contact Info
– Charlotte, NC 28202
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.