Requisition ID *******
Job Family US-IL-Chicago
Aon is looking for a Solution Architect
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Aon Affinity, in Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA; or Minneapolis, MN. As a Solution Architect, you will report directly to the Senior Director of Development.
It’s an exciting time to be at Aon! We are seeking a motivated and innovative Solution Architect to design solutions as part of our digital transformation and growth efforts. In this role, you will work on a variety of initiatives to ensure our platforms, applications, and services are designed and built in accordance with next generation standards and frameworks. This is a pivotal opportunity as we transform our enterprise to align with the demands of a digital ecosystem to meet business and consumer needs.
Your impact as a Solution Architect
* Implement future state application and platform architecture design and roadmap
* Provide initiative specific architecture solution options with supporting recommendations
* Ensure alignment of project designs with architecture roadmap
* Define interaction between application packages, databases, and middleware systems to optimize implementation
* Support product, development and delivery teams on functional & technical design specifications and activities
* Define the technical design for solutions, design POCs and prototypes and guide the solution through SDLC
* Provide subject matter expertise around technical infrastructure and applications.
* Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing across multiple channels and become a trusted advisor to decision makers.
* Provide solution specific expertise to support resolution of production support incidents, as required
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate vision and opinions with diverse teams and communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable way
* 5+ years of experience in all aspects of solution architecture
* 5+ years of direct architect experience working with a variety of technology systems, designing solutions, or developing business applications
* 5+ years of experience with legacy platform implementations (e.g. AS400)
* 3+ years of experience with the cloud computing and both SaaS and PaaS applications
* 2+ years of experience with digital/enterprise transformations
* 2+ years of experience writing software in one or more languages such as Java, .Net, C#, Go, Python, PHP or similar
* Travel up to 25% for in-region for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
* Experience in the insurance technology market
* Deep understanding of the current state of infrastructure automation, continuous integration/deployment, SQL/NoSQL, security, networking, and cloud-based delivery models.
* Expertise working closely with product and delivery organizations and related technical fields.
* PCF, Mulesoft, Azure, AWS experience
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related software engineering field, or equivalent practical experience
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.