Job Title: Solutions Architect
Location: Hopkins, MN, Mid-West United States, USA
Company: Cargill, Inc
Industry Type: Commodities and Trading
Career Type:IT/Software Development
Job Type:Full Time
Minimum Years Experience Required:N/A
Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.
I would like to receive this alert by text.
I agree to receive alerts from ***************** and to the Terms of Service.
Your alert was created successfully
General Alert Saved
– The listings below are jobs matching the criteria you’ve selected for your General Alert on *************.
Criteria selected was:
– General alert saved for .
– General alert notifications will be sent weekly on Monday.
– Please note that you can only have one general alert active at any given time. Creating a new general alert will override an existing general alert.
– Visit the Email / Text Alert Manager to manage your alerts
Back to search results
Apply to this position
See more jobs from Cargill
Send this job to a friend
Position Purpose & Summary
The Solution Architect supports the comprehensive high level architecture, functionality, economics and architecture compliance of solution options for the Strategic Pricing capabilities of Configure, Price Quote (CPQ), Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM), revenue and rebate management and other related solutions. This position works closely with the global Strategic Pricing Product Owner, Regional Solution and Application Architects, Enterprise Architecture and key stakeholders to determine requirements for solution planning and development. This position develops prototypes, proof of concepts and solution architecture, at an enterprise and product level in collaboration with other architects including Enterprise Architecture, portfolio teams and subject matter experts from Cargill’s business units.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
– Perform hands-on solution design, solution architectures, architecture roadmaps, prototyping, proof-of-concepts, and development tasks as required in support of current and new projects
– Ensure solution is scalable and meets overall business requirements
– Act as a liaison between Technical team, Functional team, Business Functions, and System Integrators to drive implementations
– Be recognized as a functional expert in Strategic Pricing and Contract Management CLM domain
– Conduct Solution Architecture reviews with project teams prior to design and development activities and ensure solution is scalable, is aligned with internal product roadmaps and meets customers’ business requirements
– Guide technical team to deliver a flexible and scalable solution
– Provide mentorship and supervise developers
– Work with offshore teams as required
The Solution Architect understands both technical and functional design and brings perspective from all architecture domains (process, application, data, technology and security) into the solution design in support of CPQ platform capabilities. Utilizing a strong expertise in commercial business processes and applications that support these processes, this position ensures solutions developed are aligned to enterprise architecture standards and principles, leverage common solutions and services, and meet the financial targets (cost and benefits). This position is accountable for solution evaluation and early-phase project estimates which contribute to the business case.
The Solution Architect position is also responsible for staying current with emerging business and technology trends, promoting the ‘art of the possible’, and driving innovation investments throughout the portfolio. This role is able to facilitate the difficult conversations involving balancing corporate strategies and local business requirements. This requires an ability to see multiple perspectives, steer discussions towards fact-based comparisons, and drive significant net value for the enterprise.
The Solution Architects, as a team, own the integration, maintenance and integrity of the platform architecture for all global or enterprise instances/solutions, encompassing global business capabilities enabled by enterprise application landscape.
40% Architecture Planning and Development
– Develops and maintains solution architecture by leading solution definition, solution architecture reviews, and solution selection efforts
– Acts as part of the broader Cargill Architecture community to define and execute architecture processes.
– Develops and maintains the Conceptual Architecture for the Strategic Pricing platform and ecosystem of core capabilities
– Owns the Logical Architecture for a Portfolio (describing flow and high level physical arch)
– Responsible for understanding the strategy across enterprises on the capabilities provided within their portfolio and translating that into an architecture plan (In partnership with the Connected Sales & Service Product Owner and other Architects)
– Responsible for the application architecture for all capabilities within the Salesforce capabilities portfolio (meaning the application/tech portfolio, key APIs, transactions, etc.) and the associated roadmap Responsible for the data landscape for PROS, Zilliant and emerging instances/platform products
– Responsible for the data landscape for PROS, Zilliant and emerging instances/platform products
– Responsible for all buy vs. build for the portfolio
– Responsible for governance to the architecture plan
– Ensures portfolio architecture aligns with Enterprise Architecture standards/principles
– Responsible for lifecycle planning for applications within the global portfolio
– Provides strategic consultation and recommendations for business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
– Provides support and consultation for detailed design, deployment and production support.
– Primary contact for vendors providing technology solutions within Strategic Pricing portfolio
– Responsible for ensuring Cargill roadmap items are included in vendor roadmap
40% Business Partnership
– Work with businesses to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
– Partner with business leadership to understand how data will be leveraged as a competitive advantage and promote architectural methods and solutions to enable business value (e.g. using big data to drive predictive analytics and improve customer experience).
– Provide consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
– Regularly interface with other architects, analysts, process designers, application portfolio managers, business relationship managers, and enterprise subject matter experts to understand and evaluate portfolio capability needs.
– Assist in the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the portfolio based on new and emerging technologies. Independently establish priorities and strategies, ensuring they are consistent with business goals and economic viability.
10% Architecture Assurance
– Manage adherence to defined standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for the Portfolio including
Job Post Date: 10/24/18
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.