CarMax, the way your career should be!
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Solutions Architect is responsible for designs and oversight of applications for their assigned team(s). This involves the uniformity of application implementations under their influence, proper performance of those applications, and the team’s developed solutions are within enterprise direction. This position will be responsible for ensuring that software developed meets CarMax® architectural and quality expectations and requires a knowledge about all applicable business processes.
The Solutions Architect works with the Enterprise Architecture team to develop standards and design patterns. This position will work with various IT teams to champion the adoption of patterns, platforms, and architectural tools.
Solutions Architect provide mentorship and are asked to provide positive and developmental feedback and capitalizes on teachable moments to grow others. This position is responsible for the technical training of associates.
- Design system solutions that meet requirements
- Provides proposals for solutions to deliver business outcomes
- Design sweeping applications that impact application environments within their team
- Recognizes areas of improvement in the development lifecycle and recommend action plans
- Creates, reviews, and develops software throughout the team’s environment and effectively communicates the rationale behind the designs
- Designs modifications to existing software, designs reusable components, and elimination of redundancy in designs throughout their team’s environment
- Drives design consensus within the team while maintaining awareness with other teams
- Develops and delivers technical training and business understanding for developers
- Drives efficient resolution for system outages as well as performance and functional shortcomings
- Engages in a critical support situations and effectively, efficiently, and quickly drives to successful resolutions
- Investigates new technologies and techniques and researching ongoing industry developments through a partnership with the Enterprise Architecture team
- Evaluates the ROI of systems development and enhancements to the IT Enterprise environment and effectively weighs the financial alternatives involved with various technical solutions and proposals
- Partners with IT Enterprise Architects to assist IT Leadership with the forecasting of technology implementation budgets
- Assists in the budget process to identify the Total Cost of Ownership
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 4 year degree required (in IT related course of study)
- 8+ years of ERP Experience
- Strong Knowledge of cloud technologies and cloud economics
- ERP end-to-end development lifecycle experience across three or more functional areas
- GIT/Subversion version control, preferred
- Microsoft SQL Server scripting and Data models
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant’s request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.