Solutions Architect, SteelCentral (APM)
Job Locations US-MD-Bethesda | US-NY-New York | US-MA-Boston | US-PA-Philadelphia
Req No. 2018-4347
With a powerful combination of Digital Experience, Cloud Networking, and Cloud Edge solutions, Riverbed – The Digital Performance Company – provides a modern IT architecture for the digital enterprise, delivering new levels of operational agility and visibility, while dramatically accelerating business performance and outcomes. As businesses transform digitally and experiment with new technologies, they partner with Riverbed to push boundaries, increase performance, and rethink possible.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue and 30,000+ customers – including 98% of the Fortune 100 and 100% of the Forbes Global 100.
About this Position
Title: Solutions Architect, SteelCentral (APM)
Location: Washington, DC; Philadelphia, PA; New York, NY; Boston, MA (remote/home office)
– Map Riverbed performance monitoring solutions to customers business drivers.
– Manage technical leadership and ownership of key customer Proof of Concepts for Riverbed performance monitoring solutions.
– Present to both Technical managers and IT Architects, as well as Business-Level IT stakeholders (Application teams, Development teams, LOB teams that rely on applications, C-Level execs)
– Stay abreast of competitors and the performance monitoring industry and trends, in order to serve as a trusted advisor to customers.
– Guide and lead sales teams in applying the appropriate Riverbed Performance monitoring solutions to customer needs.
– Work with Sales Executives in a supportive position with the main focus on pre sales activities – including (but not limited to) technical presentations and demonstrationsto Fortune 1000 accounts in the local area.
– Design performance management solutions for customers through RFP responses, architectural diagrams and proposals, coverage gap analysis, and customer specific business value/ROI analysis studies.
– Drive enablement of partners to position and demonstrate Riverbed performance monitoring solutions. This may be in the form of a WebEx, onsite training, lunch and learn, etc.
– Engage regularly and proactively with the SE and Sales leadership.
– Ensure that accurate & regular reports are completed and submitted as per business processes.
– Experience in a pre-sales role, with a deep understanding of enterprise sales cycles and various selling strategies.
– Extensive IT experience; Strong knowledge in one (or more) of the following: Application Architectures & Performance Management; Storage & Infrastructure Management; and/or Network Infrastructure. Depth of operating knowledge across these areas may vary, but successful candidates will be able to describe and differentiate Riverbed solutions across the portfolio.
– Riverbed product experience plus relevant experience and/or in key competitor offerings in technological area of emphasis.
– Proven technical knowledge and consultative skills.
– Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
– Demonstrated ability to implement, drive and track IT projects to successful closure.
– Relevant competitive knowledge, including: industry, technologies and product offerings, evolving technologies, and threats.
– Broad and deep knowledge of various performance monitoring and management instrumentation techniques, including packet capture/analysis, flow capture/analysis, SNMP, and application server instrumentation..
– Knowledge of .NET and J2EE applications is a plus.
– Advanced industry certifications (e.g. CCIE/CCDP, VTSP, AWS) desired.
– Resides in the targeted geography w/local relationships in both customers and partners support business.
– Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
– Able to travel 35% – 50% throughout targeted geography.
– Bachelor’s degree in CS, EE or related area is preferred.
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today’s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine’s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at ****************.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.