Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Develop, implement, and manage sourcing strategies and projects to meet supply chain and cost improvement goals throughout the Business Unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Lead sourcing of major commodity, engineered, and proprietary items for the Business Unit.
– Identify new and/or alternate sources of supply.
– Analyze proposals and negotiate best price, service, and delivery terms for purchased products and services.
– Perform complex financial and cost analysis for projects and financial justifications.
– Develop a project schedule and effectively implement and manage a multitude of projects in varying stages.
– Collaborate with our corporate sourcing team on cost savings and resourcing projects.
– Work with Product Engineers to develop cost effective product components.
– Work closely with manufacturing management to ensure inventory goals are met.
– Monitor supplier performance through metrics and communication with purchasing and Supplier Quality Engineer.
– Ability to travel (domestic and International) on business related trips; ability to move to various locations within the Company; ability to communicate; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required.
Skills and Experience
– 3+ years of experience in a materials role involving sourcing activities for a manufacturing operation.
– Must be able to read and interpret engineering prints and drawings.
– High Proficiency in MS Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
– Must have a solid understanding of manufacturing processes and materials.
– Familiarity with Quality systems, processes, and requirements.
– Demonstrated negotiation experience.
– Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
Preferred Education and Experience:
– Experience working with SAP.
– Understanding of, or experience working with, international logistics.
– Understanding of commodity markets.
– PMP or other project management certification.
– MBA or Master’s degree is a plus.
Bachelors Degree in Other or Engineering General
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.
Job ID: 72482
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. Contact Info
– Centralia, MO 65240
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.