Asurion is seeking an ETL Developer who loves to learn new tools and concepts to transform technical requirements into working solutions and continuously evolve our stewardship of data. You will contribute to the design and development of an overall data exchange solution, including review of current processes and development and implementation of new solutions. Reporting to the ETL Development Manager, you will use ETL tools like Informatica, SSIS, Talend and Glue to build reusable components for everything from encryption to reporting to archiving within the Cloud.
Asurion is a $7B company that helps people around the globe balance the interdependence between life and technology. We build products that reach over 300M users through our partners–Verizon, Sprint and AT & Tachieving double digit revenue growth year over year for the past 5 years.
Asurion has more cutting-edge technology than you can imagine. But at our core, we’re about people. We believe our employees are our greatest asset and invest in their growth through a culture of learning. Our dynamic and rewarding environment ensures that every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Your Day to Day:
– Design and develop data transformation/ETL integrations that conform to consistent methodologies, standards (including security), and industry best practices
– Collaborate on estimating, development, and implementation of new solutions
– Ensure standards and best practices for all current and new frameworks are followed
– Contribute to solutions to address short term and long-term gaps
– Create technical documentation and build instructions to onsite and/or offsite global teams
– Assist with code reviews, deploying, and validating the technical solution when needed
– Maintain, monitor, and support ETL/ELT integrations
– Create a positive work environment through teamwork & conflict resolution
– Work with business and project team members across the globe whether face-to-face, web conference, telephone or email
What you’ll bring to the team:
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or related area of study
– 5 or more years of experience with ETL Development, Data Warehousing environments and hands-on Data Modeling
– Database development experience (ie. T-SQL, PL/SQL)
– Working knowledge of ETL and ELT design considerations
– Hands-on ETL development experience and knowledge of ETL Architecture Standards
– Proficiency and experience with large scale data development
– Knowledge of ETL concepts and experience with data flow diagrams and ERDs
– Working knowledge and experience with relational databases (ie. Oracle, MySql, SQL Server)
– Competency with development in SQL or PL/SQL and with ETL tools like Informatica PowerCenter/ICS, Talend
– Experience with full Software Development Lifecycle methodologies and data management principles
– Enthusiasm to teach others best practices and methods
– Comfortable in an AWS environment
– Scripting in Bash and Python
– Linux experience a plus
– Exposure to Big Data concepts (ie. Spark)
– Experience with Streaming Technologies
PRO01010 | Nashville | Tennessee | US | 2018/09/17
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.