At GoDaddy the future of work looks different for each team. Some teams work in the office full-time; others have a hybrid arrangement (they work remotely some days and in the office some days) and some work entirely remotely.
This position may be a hybrid or fully remote position. If designated as hybrid, you’ll divide your time between working remotely from your home and an office location, so you should live within commuting distance. If designated as remote, you’ll be working remotely from your home and may occasionally visit a GoDaddy office to meet with your team for events or offsites.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Alaska, Mississippi, North Dakota, or the Virgin Islands.
Join our team
As a full stack engineer, your duties will involve frontend development, backend operations, and server-side API and integration efforts. This team is responsible for building world-class eCommerce offerings, including user facing features and deep vertical integrations on a scalable architecture that will support millions of Small Business owners in their ventures. Another important attribute of this role is to help contribute code and our learnings (good and bad) back to the Open Source community. Check out our Github page: http://github.com/godaddy.
What you'll get to do…
- Lead and support team members to drive success
- Write quality code and writing unit and integration tests
- Contribute to architectural and design discussions
- Contribute to open source projects and communities
- Identify, measure, and understand user needs and execute on appropriate solutions
- Perform code reviews to suggest, encourage, and support coding best practices
- Identify, plan, and execute on improvements to product and development processes
- Evaluate and recommend development tools and frameworks
- Balancing product goals with company objectives
- Continuously learn and share new ideas and technical concepts
Your experience should include…
- 4+ years professional web development experience in related technologies
- 3+ years Ruby on Rails experience
- Passion for quality, user experience, and cutting edge web technologies
- Strong object-oriented programming and design fundamentals
- Strong understanding of relational database mechanics and performance
- Able to provide architectural direction and mentoring to less experienced developers
- Strong understanding of all aspects of web client performance
- Experience with unit testing and TDD principles
- Experience with Git/Github
- History of open source contributions and community involvement a plus
- Test automation experience a serious plus
We've got your back… Enjoy our many benefits (My Wallet), including paid time off, 401k, equity grants and parental leave. Join one of our employee resource groups (Culture). Continue to have a side hustle, if you have one (we love entrepreneurs, remember?). Most importantly, come as you are and make your own way.
About us… GoDaddy is empowering everyday entrepreneurs around the world by providing all of the help and tools to succeed online. GoDaddy is the place people come to name their idea, build a professional website, attract customers, sell their products and services, and manage their work. Our mission is to give our customers the tools, insights and the people to transform their ideas and personal initiative into success. To learn more about the company, visit About Us (https://aboutus.godaddy.net/about-us/overview/default.aspx.)
GoDaddy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression (including against any individual that is transitioning, has transitioned, or is perceived to be transitioning), marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. GoDaddy will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.
If you need help completing an application for a position with GoDaddy, please reach out to our Recruiting Team at email@example.com.
GoDaddy doesn’t accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.