Leidos is seeking a Sr. Java Developer for our SSA ITSSC II program in Baltimore, MD. As our Senior Java Developer, you will use your extensive experience in developing and maintaining the high-performing Java applications. You will have prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems.
Your daily responsibilities will also include the following, but not limited to:
- Developing technical solutions, and documenting the solution architecture and design using standard design tools.
- Creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
- Developing applications using Java/Spring and design and develop database components using PostgreSQL DB or Oracle as needed for application.
- Participating in daily scrum and provide updates.
- Bachelors degree plus 8 years' experience or Masters degree plus 6 years' experience
- Strong experience in Java/J2EE, Spring Framework, Spring Batch & Hibernate.
- Strong understanding of Hibernate, JPA and JDBC
- Strong understanding of OOPS, Twelve Factor Application Design principles, architecture styles and APIs (SOAP API/Rest API)
- Work in DevOps Environment.
- Git, BitBucket, Jenkins automation
- Understand and leverage common Java/J2EE architectural styles and patterns (SOA, Microservice, Layered, Clean, Event Sourcing etc.)
- Understand and apply quality techniques and practices (automated unit testing, Test Driven Design/Development, Java performance analysis, continuous integration)
- Experience with modern development software, tools, and methodologies; Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Spring Batch, Spring Messaging, Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira/VersionOne, Eclipse, Nexus, Maven, Jenkins, OpenShift, UrbanCode Deploy, XML/XSLT, VisualVM/Eclipse Profiler (Java performance monitoring tool), Amazon Web Services (S3),BDD (Cucumber or similar)
- Experience identifying requirements, researching options, designing and implementing solutions at a leadership level on project work
- Experience working on Agile projects and understanding Agile terminology.
- Excellent communication and written skills
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.