Sr. Rail Systems Manager
Job LocationUS-CA-OaklandJob ID1217-17429
HNTB Job TitleSr Project Manager – Engineering
Position TypeRegular Full-Time
CategoryTransit and Rail
Why Choose HNTB?
For more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.
At HNTB, we’re encouraged to go beyond discovering mere solutions that will impact our very landscape. We are encouraged to ask, ‘What if?’ Our HNTB family fosters an inventive and resourceful commitment to finding unique answers to complex problems. We believe that the act of wondering sparks creativity. We will work to foster your creativity, career and personal growth. Come join HNTB and unleash your spark of imagination.
For you, ‘together’ can mean the chance to put together an exciting career. At HNTB ‘together’ also means collaborating across geographies and disciplines within the firm. And ‘together’ means that we are partners with our clients. Our goals are linked, and their success is our success. ‘Together’ means that we are engaged in the communities we serve – we live there – and are committed to their growth and development.
HNTB is seeking a
Senior Rail Systems Manager
to work out of our San Francisco, CA office. Serves as primary client contact for multiple projects. Has full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project including negotiating extras, cost control, staffing and quality control.
Responsible for the leadership and management of team in support of the project’s profitable operation. Responsible for proactively managing the projects technical budget (direct labor and expenses, including technical sub-consultants), schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, project communications and HNTB’s 4 for 4 performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction on every project. Responsible for gross revenue of $10M-30M.
– Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction.
– Implements the firm’s project delivery plan using HNTB’s Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project.
– Develops project scope and fee quotation, and assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
– Provides oversight and monitoring of work to less experienced project managers. Coordinates work efforts and review work performed. Schedules and manages for integration of quality management during all phases of a project.
– Oversees project staffing with departments, offices and divisions.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
– The successful candidates will have built a career managing interdisciplinary relationships and commissioning major Class 1 and/or rail transit systems over the last 16 years or more.
– They will have been actively involved with the latest technology and systems including Traction Power, overhead catenary, 3rd rail, rail signaling, and communications systems
– Worked directly in the acceptance and commissioning of said technology for use in the US rail market or UK rail market.
– Their project management skills will be world class, and they will have fully utilized formal systems engineering processes to deliver projects on time and on budget on multiple occasions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
16 years relevant experience
6 years project management experience
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus 16 years of rail systems experience
– MSEE, PE, or CEng would be a plus
– Experience managing systems integration and commissioning of projects
– 5 years of experience designing or implementing rail signaling, SCADA, and/or central control systems on rail projects preferred
– Strong written and oral communications including advanced public speaking skills preferred
– Strong interpersonal skills preferred
– Willing to travel West Coast as required
General Work Conditions
Combination Office and Field Environment: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site, construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in a construction site, being exposed to heavy construction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol is required.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.