Sr Software Engineer
Date: Aug 10, 2019
Location: New York, NY, 10003
At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We
invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This role applies engineering best practices to analyze, design,
develop, deploy and support software solutions. You will also develop
software and systems under test driven development and continuous
integration practices; establish monitoring and automation processes.
This is a DevOps environment, which moves between diverse tasks with
cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in others.
Current efforts include modernizing existing technical stack/processes
and automation efforts.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
* Strong problem-solving and communication skills to lead change and
adoption of new technologies
* Experience and demonstrated understanding of engineering best
practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, deploying
and supporting software solutions, and/or infrastructure
* Ability to create different modes in the platform allowing
multiple user technical levels to be successful.
* Looking for someone who can help move the bar forward by
challenging current state and future state be able to articulate
why the new solution fits the path forward
* Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited
set of requirements
* Desire to work collaboratively on creative solutions, as well as
take initiative to work with minimal supervision
* Experience with Agile methodologies required
* Knowledge of engineering design patterns
* 5+ years of experience
* Familiarity with the following technical stack: Java, Spring,
NodeJS, REST, Mongo (Docker and AWS is a plus)
Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client s
interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected
veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Req ID: 25676
Position Type: Regular Full Time
Education Experience: Bachelor’s Desired
Employment Experience: 6-8 years
FLSA Status: Exempt
Posting Date: 07/12/2019
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.