Requisition ID 2018-39548
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
Location: Herndon Hours: TBD Virtualization Administrator Candidate will be responsible for maintaining the virtual infrastructure for the customer’s current and new application hosting environments. Candidate will maintain documentation, patching schedule, version updates, monitor server capacity, monitor server performance, and server recaps. Must have Virtualization and Cloud Services engineering, designing and implementation to support multi-tenant hosting infrastructure such as VMWare, RedHat, & Microsoft. Experience supporting Virtual Desktop Interface such as XEN, Citrix, VM View, etc. Experience with cloud technology services such as OpenStack, Azure, AWS, etc. Experience with creating virtual baselines with the appropriate security lock down and hardness in addition to server provisioning, patching, and management
1. Performs expert-level systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Develops technical roadmaps for future implementations.
3. Develops business case analysis on potential projects.
4. Ensures security is integrated into all architecture solutions.
5. Performs advanced systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
6. Acts as a subject-matter expert to multiple tasks and/or programs.
7. Reviews completion and implementation of system additions and/or enhancements and makes recommendations to management and/or clients.
8. Plans and directs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
9. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
10. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
11. Serves as a chief architect and/or program architect..
12. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers and may have supervisory responsibilities.
13. Serves as primary liaison with senior clients, participating in meetings to ensure client needs are met.
14. Provides high level expertise to multiple projects and tasks.
15. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
16. Participates in special projects as required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline.
2. Master’s Degree preferred.
20 or more years of related systems engineering experience.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.