Thermo Fisher Scientific – Staff Software Engineer Job in Computer Vision
– Discover Our Stories
– Career Areas
– Field Service
– General Management
– Human Resources
– Operations & Supply Chain
– R & D
– Sales & Marketing
– Software & IT
– Military & Veteran
– Students & New Grads
– Our Culture
– Our Mission & Values
– What We Do
– Our Brands
– Diversity & Inclusion
– Corporate Responsibility
– Employee Experience
– 5 Reasons to Work at Thermo Fisher
– How To
– Virtual Lab Training
– North America
– San Francisco Bay Area
– Latin America
– Featured Areas
Careers at ThermoFisher Scientific
What Story Will You Tell?
Category CATEGORYAccounting/AuditingAdministrative ServicesBioinformaticsBusiness ManagementCommunicationsCorporate Strategy DevelopmentCustomer ServiceEngineeringFacilities / Real EstateFeaturedField ServicesFinance / EconomicsHuman ResourcesInformation SecurityInformation TechnologyInternship & ApprenticeshipLegal & ComplianceManufacturing & ProductionMarketingNew GradOperationsProcurement / PurchasingProduct ManagementProject ManagementQualityRegulatoryResearch & DevelopmentSalesScientistSoftware DevelopmentSupply Chain / Distribution
Country SELECT A COUNTRY
Or Search by Keyword
– Careers Home >
– Job Details
Staff Software Engineer – Computer Vision
Job ID :
US – Texas – Richardson
When you are a part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
As a Staff Software Engineer – Computer Vision, on our team, you will design, implement, analyze, and optimize novel algorithms for our next generation systems. This position requires strong theoretical foundations, excellent software development skills, and sound scientific method. Candidates should have broad proficiency in the foundations of optical image processing/computer vision including feature detection/tracking, 3D geometry, image processing, object recognition and control theory. Machine learning concepts and Deep Learning experience is a plus.
Duties and responsibilities
– Develops, implements, analyzes & optimizes:
– Real-time object detection and tracking algorithms
– Robot guidance algorithms
– Auto 3D alignment algorithms
– Image improvement algorithms
– Maintains computer vision, machine learning and control algorithms.
– Translates business and technical requirements into detailed design specifications for application code and modules
– Tests and documents all software implemented according to development processes
– Participates in team sessions with other team members to analyze, develop requirements, and make recommendations for moderate to complex systems
– Other duties as assigned
– MSc or PhD in electrical engineering, computer science, physics, mathematics or other related field
– 5 years of combined experience in image processing, computer vision and machine learning
– Extensive experience with mathematical and analytic techniques, including linear algebra, geometry, statistics, and multivariate analysis and their applications to real-time object tracking and object classification
– Five or more years of experience developing in C and C++ development on windows and Linux OS.
– Two or more years of experience using Matlab
– Strong analytical skills and creative problem solving capabilities
– Strong oral and written communication skills
– Ability to integrate and work within in a small, dynamic, and highly motivated development team
Nice to have
– Experience with GPU programming (OpenGL / Cuda) and Linux
– C# .NET experience
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Link for schema
Join our Talent Community
If you’re ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join
Refer a friend
Already work here? Help us write our next chapterRefer Now
5 Reasons to Work at Thermo Fisher ScientificView
Search Jobs by MapSearch
THE STORIES WE TELL
MY WORK IS A STORY OF MOMENTUM
INSPIRING FUTURE SCIENTISTS
Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Follow along to learn more about #LifeAtThermoFisher around the world!
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
– Thermo Scientific
– Applied Biosystems
– Fisher Scientific
– Unity Lab Services
– About Us
2018 Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
– Accessibility/Disability Access
– Terms & Conditions
– Privacy Statement
– EEO & Affirmative Action Statement
– Powered by SmashFly
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. Read More
Philadelphia’s Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.