– Develops Innovation strategies, processes, and best practices
– Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects
– Ensures business needs are being met
– Leads and participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects
– Leads the discovery phase of medium to large projects to come up with high level design
– Leads the work of other small groups of six to ten engineers, including offshore associates, for assigned Engineering projects
– Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity
– Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates
– Supports business objectives
– Troubleshoots business and production issues
– Utilizes industry research to improve Wal-Mart’s technology environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 6 years experience building scalable ecommerce applications or mobile software
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Please add text
The Walmart eCommerce team is rapidly innovating to evolve and define the future state of shopping. As the world??s largest retailer, we are on a mission to help people save money and live better. With the help of some of the brightest minds in technology, merchandising, marketing, supply chain, talent and more, we are reimagining the intersection of digital and physical shopping to help achieve that mission.
The Walmart Labs Big Data Platforms team is seeking a big data engineer to serve in a consulting engineering and support role for the big data components of Walmart??s major application and project initiatives. The Big Data Platforms team operates multi-tenant persistent Hadoop-based platforms based on several Hadoop distributions, and also leads architecture and integration engineering for Walmart??s cloud-based big data platforms using both on-premise and commercially available cloud resource providers.
We??re looking for a software engineer that has extensive experience building and supporting big data applications using the Hadoop ecosystem and related technologies, both on traditional clusters and cloud platforms, to collaborate with Walmart??s internal product development teams to help them construct scalable and performant big data applications, and also help application teams troubleshoot big data problems when things go wrong.
* Collaborating closely with application team architects and engineers to identify technologies and platforms suitable for their big data processing requirements, and then assisting those teams with onboarding, development, deployment, and debugging on those platforms
* Providing technical engineering and performance tuning assistance to a broad community of big data infrastructure users, such as software application engineers and data scientists, through research, investigation, collaboration, and hands-on debugging when necessary
* Investigating new big data tools and technologies for their potential application to common use cases; establishing best practices, developing design patterns, and writing documentation to disseminate new capabilities to a broad technical audience; working with platform engineers and product managers to specify and deliver new major technology features
* Ensuring that application big data solutions adhere to best practices and enterprise standards for scalability, availability, efficiency, data lifecycle management, information security, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.