This position is located in the National Credit Union Administration, Office of the Chief Information Officer.
Please note: More than the number of positions listed may be filled through this vacancy announcement.
Learn more about this agency
As a Supervisory IT Specialist, you will:
– Develop appropriate oversight methods and procedures for effective project and program coordination, control, and monitoring, and ensure they are in place and enforced.
– Manage the Division’s procurement activities, including the development of procurement justifications and requests for proposal, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiations, contract award, and contract monitoring.
– Supervise subordinate staff including approving leave, enforcing agency policies, standards and procedures, recommending awards and promotions, resolving employee grievances, developing employee position descriptions and performance standards, recording verbal warnings and recommending disciplinary actions where appropriate, and assisting in the preparation of Individual Development Plans.
– Advise subordinates on administrative policies, Division procedures, duties, priorities, methods, and relevant technical issues through formal and informal oral and written communications.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position to attend and/or give training.
– #### Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
– You must be a U.S. Citizen.
– Suitable adjudication of background/security investigation is required.
– This position is telework eligible.
– Financial Disclosure is required.
– A supervisory probationary period may be required.
– Must be able to obtain Federal Acquisition Certification for Contracting Officer’s Representatives (FAC- COR).
To qualify at the CU-15 level, you must have one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the CU/GS-14 level in federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include: Providing oversight and supervision of an Information Technology (IT) Program Management Office (PMO) which includes all of the following: 1. Program and project management oversight, 2. Business requirements analysis, and 3. Budget and IT acquisition support in IT portfolios. Note: All of the specified experience must be evident in your resume or you will be considered not qualified for the position. Please be specific.
You must meet the qualifications for this position by the closing date of this announcement.
Education cannot be substituted for qualifications to this position.
SALARY: Pay will be set using NCUA’s Compensation policy. The salary range shown is NCUA’s Local Pay Rate (LPR) which includes a locality rate of 42.87 percent for the Alexandria, Virginia geographical area.
SELECTIVE SERVICE: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. You may register or check status of your registration by visiting the Selective Service website at: ********************
This position is not in the bargaining unit.
NCUA IS A COMPETITIVE SERVICE AGENCY.
NCUAuses E-Verify, an Internet-based system, to confirm the eligibility of all newly hired employees to work in the United States. Learn more about* E-Verify,* including your rights and responsibilities.
SALARY: Pay will be set using NCUA’s Compensation policy. The salary range shown is NCUA’s Local Pay Rate (LPR) which includes a locality rate of 33.87 percent for the Alexandria, VA geographical area.
SELECTIVE SERVICE: If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, you must certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law. You may register or check status of your registration by visiting the Selective Service website at: ******************** This position is in the bargaining unit. NCUA IS A COMPETITIVE SERVICE AGENCY.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
First, your application package will be reviewed for completeness (resume, completed assessment questionnaire, and supporting documentation). You will not be considered if you fail to submit all the required documents as outlined in this vacancy announcement. Second, if you have a complete application package, your RESUME will be reviewed to determine if you meet the basic qualifications and specialized experience requirements (see ‘Qualification and Evaluations’ section). You must provide specific details in your resume as to how your experience meets the specialized experience. Third, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses to the assessment questions. The numerical rating you receive is based on your responses to the questions. If upon review it is determined that your resume and supporting documentation do not support your responses to the questions, your numerical rating may be adjusted and you may be excluded from consideration for this position.
If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, your application will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration. To preview the application questionnaire, please click here:******************************************************** .
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
– Manages Human Resources
– Oral Communication
– Project Management
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
– Required Documents
VETERANS: If you wish to be considered under an applicable Veteran’s Authority such as (VEOA, 30% or more Disabled vet, VRA, etc.), you must submit a copy of your Veteran’s Documentation (DD-214 (Member 4 Copy preferred, however documentation provided must contain dates and character of service), VA letter, SF-15).
– If you are a current active duty military member who does not have a DD214 and is claiming preference under the Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) Act, you must submit certification from the Armed Forces indicating that you will be discharged or released under honorable conditions from active duty within 120 days from the date on the certification. Certifications must be on letterhead from the appropriate military branch and include the following information: military dates of service and expected discharge or release date, character of service, military rank, type of discharge and date when terminal leave will begin. Certifications must be signed by, or by direction of military members’ military personnel offices, unit commanders or higher headquarters.
SPECIAL EMPLOYMENT CONSIDERATION: To receive consideration for a special appointment authority (severely disabled, Peace Corps or Vista volunteers,certain military spouses, etc.) you must submit all required documents supporting your claim.
SF-50: Current and former federal employees must submit a Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50, that indicates grade, status, tenure and the full performance level (FPL) of the position held . Please do not submit an SF-50 for a cash/time off award.
Please Note:Current permanent NCUA employees are not required to submit a Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50). Status will be confirmed by the Agency.
CTAP/ICTAP: Federal employees seeking CTAP/ICTAP eligibility must submit proof of their eligibility: Copy of agency notice; Most recent performance rating; and SF-50 noting current position, grade level and duty location. To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must receive an 85 or above on the rating criteria for this position. For additional information, click CTAP .
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes: 1. Your Resume listing work schedule, hours worked per week, pay plan and grade level (for Federal positions), dates of employment and duties performed. 2. Other supporting documents: * Cover Letter, optional * Most recent SF-50 or Notification of Personnel Action showing you are/were in the competitive service and the highest grade or promotion potential held (if applying as a status candidate with current or former Federal Service) * DD-214, SF-15 Form and VA letter, or certification of expected discharge or release from active duty from Veterans for consideration under Veteran hiring authorities. * Non-competitive appointment authority documentation, if applicable. * Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program Documentation, if applicable (e.g. Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; SF-50 that documents the RIF separation action; and most recent performance appraisal.)
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
– How to Apply
HelpHow to Apply
Please Be Aware: During the application process, you will be asked a series of eligibility questions. Your eligibility for consideration will be based upon your responses to the eligibility questionnaire only. If you answer ‘no’ to all eligibility questions for this position, your application will be rated as ineligible and you will not be considered for this position. If you have any questions about which eligibility applies to your situation, please call the HR Servicing Specialist indicated on the announcement.
YOUR APPLICATION AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS ( i.e. TRANSCRIPTS, CERTIFICATIONS, etc.) MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59:59 P.M. EST ON 02/22/2019 TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION.
– To begin, click Apply Online to access an online application. Follow the prompts to select your USAJOBS resume and/or other supporting documents. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account or you may need to create a new account.
– You will be taken to an online application. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation, and submit the application.
– You will receive an email notification when your application has been received for the announcement.
– To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account, ************************************* select the Application Status link and then select the More Information link for this position. The Application Status page will display the status of your application, the documentation received and processed, and your responses submitted to the online application. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process. YOUR RESUME MUST provide specific details as to how your experience meets the specialized experience as described in the vacancy announcement. When describing your experience in your resume, please be specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience.Please ensure that your resume includes the grade (if you are a current or previous federal employee), month and year that you began and ended for each position held or that position may not be credited toward meeting the specialized experience requirement. Full-time employment will be assumed unless otherwise stated on your resume. Part-time employment will be prorated in crediting experience. Failure to provide details will result in an ineligible rating. YOUR RESUME MUST support your responses to the online questionnaire. Failure to provide support may result in a lower rating and/or you may be excluded from consideration. Your latest resume submitted for this vacancy announcement will be used to determine qualifications and supersedes previous submissions.
The preferred method to apply is online. If an alternate method is needed, please click on the following link for detailed instructions: Alternate Application Method
Agency contact information
National Credit Union Administration 1775 Duke Street Alexandria, VA 22314 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated. You will receive another notification about the status of your application. You can check the status of your application by logging back into your USAJOBS account.
– Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
– Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
– An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
– An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
– An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
– Financial suitability
– Social security number request
– Privacy Act
– Signature and false statements
– Selective Service
– New employee probationary period
This job originated on ***************. For the full announcement and to apply, visit ********************************************* Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at *************** will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 02/08/2019 to 02/22/2019
Pay scale & grade: CU 15
Salary: $144,902 to $227,495 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.