Job ID #: 65109
Position Title: System Architect
Functional Area: Engineering
Facility: Corporate Office
Relocation Provided: Yes
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 7 – 10 Years
Travel Percent: 10
Lenovo is the fastest growing technology company on the planet, with growth outpacing our competition quarter after quarter and we’re growing! Lenovo’s fundamental belief is that life rewards those who Never Stand Still. Every day, every employee at Lenovo is focused on moving forward, rejecting traditional limits, and always seeking a better way. We are looking for the person who challenges the ordinary and seeks to innovate in learning, while also balancing execution.
Lenovo’s Data Center Group is seeking a dynamic experienced System Lead Architect with knowledge of multiple generations of Intel x86 Architecture and who can work directly with Lenovo’s Hyperscale customers and partners. The selected candidate will leverage a formidable technical competency, creativity, and a drive for results attitude to construct innovative value for our customers.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
– .Stay current on Intel x86, AMD, Nvidia, FPGA, and ARM based technology roadmaps and understand how this technology can drive future datacenter architecture for industry and worldwide top public cloud customers
– Work closely with customer engineering teams and Lenovo sales and marketing teams to extract customer requirements
– Create specifications and collateral that define the next generation hyperscale platforms
– Lead HyperScale development team to work out the design proposals. This includes the following:
–Product and system specs
–System architecture and placement
–Lenovo design and engineering capability
–Game plan and development strategy to win customer and business
– Lead engagement with suppliers and partners of hardware building blocks such as storage devices, network controllers, FPGAs, and other emerging technology hardware devices
– Own end-to-end product delivery from pre-concept to launch of platforms
Lenovo is a $46 billion global Fortune 250 company and leader in providing innovative consumer, commercial and enterprise technology. Our portfolio of high-quality, secure products and services covers PCs, workstations, servers, storage, smart TVs and a family of mobile products like smartphones (including the Motorola brand), tablets and apps. Everyone here at Lenovo is an integral part of the company, working together, across continents, cultures and innovations, all comprised in a friendly, fast-paced, work environment that focuses on one common goal: to be known as the best in what we do.
We’re looking to add talented individuals who are self-motivated and desire boundless opportunities, to join us. Come share in the discoveries that are forged from our shared achievements at Lenovo as we drive the next generation in technology. Position Requirements
– Undergraduate BSEE or BSCE degree required
– 7+ years of work experience in server and hardware development
– Experience in direct customer engagements is required
– Deep knowledge of X86 Intel server architecture
– Cross discipline understanding of engineering that covers Thermal, Mechanical, Power, Power Management, and TCO of the Datacenter
– Proficiency with Linux server operating systems
– A Masters degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering is a plus
– Hyperscale/Cloud experience
– Knowledge of design elements of OCP (Open Compute Project) based HW is a plus
– Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation
– Ability to interface with Lenovo and customer executives
– Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead teams and have the autonomy to make decisions
– Ability to understand customer requirements, interpret these requirements and convert them into a competitive Hyperscale platform portfolio
– Willingness to travel domestically and internationally
– Ability to work effectively cross-culturally across teams in the US and Asia
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.