Requisition ID 2018-39598
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
* Monitor and Manage day-to-day data backups and restores
* Monitor and manage robotic tape library media inventory and tape swaps
* NetBackup software installations and upgrades
* Manages the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems.
* Maintains the integrity and security of servers and systems
* Maintains system documentation
* Coordinates software installations and provides backup recovery
* Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
* Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced staff members
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
* Participates in special projects as required
* Configure backup devices such as robots, tape drives and diskpools
* Address all technical issues such as down drives, master and media servers and performance issues such as slow backups, restores failures, etc.
* Coordinates and works with customers on data restore requests
* Updates tickets according to policy
* Coordinates and works with customers on other requests as needed
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
8-10 years of directly related experience in systems administration and analysis.
The candidate should have 5 – 8 years of in-depth knowledge of creating, modifying and troubleshooting backup jobs and policies, to include tape and disk backups, in physical and virtual environments.
Installing/upgrading NetBackup clients, administration consoles and Ops Center.
Knowledge of managing and troubleshooting tape libraries.
Standing up, maintaining (including upgrading) and troubleshooting physical and virtual master and media servers.
Knowledge of backing up to Amazon S3 buckets desirable. The backup knowledge must be current as we are moving servers / services into various Cloud environments.
The candidate’s knowledge of current backup solutions is required to support and troubleshoot with Cloud backup administrators and assist engineering as needed.
* Windows 2003, 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 R2 servers
* Server Cluster Management
* NetBackup 7.x-8.x
* Amazon AWS EBS, S3, Glacier Technologies
* Disk Storage Technologies (3PAR, EMC, Netapp)
* Disk and Tape Backups (Quantum, HP, Dell)
* Hands-on experience with NetBackup OpsCenter 8.1
* Tier 3 experience required on NetBackup configuration, implementation and upgrade on various NetBackup versions
* Troubleshooting knowledge and techniques with NetBackup servers, cloud storage, tape libraries, NetBackup VM Intelligent backups, Storage Lifecycle Policies, Diskpools
* Basic File/Print server functionality
* Basic NTFS permissions knowledge
Must possess appropriate current DOD Information Assurance (IA) certification to be considered for employment; i.e., CompTIA Security+CE, or CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DOD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) certification within six (6) months of hire date.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Benefits of this Position:
* Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
* Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
* Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
* 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
* Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
* We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
* Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
* Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
* Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
* Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
* Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
* Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
* Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.