JOIN OUR DATA TECHNOLOGIES TEAM AS A SYSTEMS DEVELOPER
As a System Developer on the Data Technologies team you will use big data analytics to build intelligent frameworks that support everything from modernizing legacy processes to crafting original back end systems. The Data Tech team uses Agile development methods to harnesses revolutionary tools and innovative thinking to bring forward thinking products to fruition.The team is devoted to working smarter by cutting through the nonsense and getting stuff done. If you are passionate about technology and are looking to accelerate your career while building innovative products, consider a future as a Systems Developer on Employers Data Technology team.
THE TECH CULTURE AT EMPLOYER
Having a creative and innovative environment where our techies can collaborate, learn and grow is something Employer is passionate about. We have an entire floor dedicated to our techies, designed specifically to enable teams to dream big and produce the best. Along with creating and maintaining awesome software youll also be able to participate in our quarterly Hack-a-thons or take a break by kicking back and playing the latest game on x-box when you need to re-boot the mind. Oh, and do you happen to have a dog? Employer is dog-friendly and no day goes by where you dont have the chance to visit with one of the visiting pups. We even provide the dog beds, bowls and of course, toys!
AS A SYSTEMS DEVELOPER YOU WILL:
* Work in a team environment using Agile practices
* Develop frameworks and tools to process and analyze large amounts of data for business analytics
* Utilize Test Driven, Paired Programming and Continuous Integration development methods
* Communicate directly with customers on a daily basis
* Assist in the migration from legacy systems
* Constantly learn from and educate others to improve yourself and Employer
AS A SYSTEMS DEVELOPER YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO HAVE:
* Hands-on experience with Object- Oriented Programming
* Ability to solve complex problems and learn from mistakes
* Familiarity with database concepts
* Experience working in a collaborative team environment
YOU WILL ALSO NEED ESTABLISHED EXPERIENCE IN AND/OR KNOWLEDGE OF:
* Hadoop, Mongo, MySQL, Oracle
* Docker , Mesos and ETL systems
* Natural Language Processing
* Java, C, C++, or Groovy
* Grails and/or Spring
* Git version control
* Linux server environments
* Unit Testing
* Agile development methods
* Design Patterns
Carfax, a unit of IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), helps millions of people every day confidently shop, buy, own and sell used cars with innovative solutions powered by Carfax vehicle history information. The expert in vehicle history since 1984, Carfax provides exclusive services like Carfax Used Car Listings, myCarfax, Carfax History-Based Value and the flagship Carfax Vehicle History Report to consumers and the automotive industry. Carfax owns the world’s largest vehicle history database and is a nationally recognized top workplace by The Washington Post and *************. Shop, Buy, Own, Sell Show me the Carfax. Based in London, IHS Markit is a world leader in critical information, analytics and solutions.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.