We are recruiting for a
to join our
Information Systems Department
Responsible for developing/testing/communicating/implementing/performing Systems Programming tasks within assigned IT departmental areas in support of Kindred’s Operating Systems, infrastructure, and middleware, and which meet IT/Business expectations, and Customer Service Level Agreements.
– Develops/documents/communicates/tests/implements operational procedures and standards within assigned department with business objectives in mind.
– Certifies, installs, configures, and/or maintains Kindred operating systems, infrastructure, and middleware.
– Provides 24/7 on call support and basic triage for the assigned departmental areas
– Troubleshoots, coordinates, assists, and advises in recovery from component failures of supported systems.
– Measures application, OS, and hardware performance, and makes recommendations on correcting bottlenecks in systems performance.
– Communicates and documents Kindred operating system, infrastructure and middleware issues within assigned departmental areas.
– Follows departmental systems backup/administration/monitoring review procedures within assigned department.
– Adapts and quickly assimilates new and refreshed operating systems/applications as implemented within the Kindred IT Data Center.
– Provides support to senior department team members with technical evaluations within assigned departmental areas.
– Solicits feedback and guidance of best practices from manager and senior department team members.
– Continually enhances knowledge of IT Operating Systems and Kindred standards in order to achieve departmental success and professional growth.
– Comprehends and can articulate fundamental concepts and terms related to IT operating systems, infrastructure and middleware.
– Previous experience with and/or the ability to quickly learn IT operating systems, infrastructure and middleware currently in use at Kindred.
– Required support experience and/or current working knowledge in the following areas depending on assigned IT Operating Systems departments:
– OS Operating System (Job/Task/Device Management)
– BIOS (Basic Input/output Systems)
– Communication Protocol (Set of rules, formats and functions for sending data across the network)
– Messaging Protocol (Set of rules, formats and functions for sending, storing and forwarding e-mail in a network)
– Programming Language (Translate source language into machine language using assemblers, compliers, and interpreter and application generators. System software and application software programmed in a programming language and turned into machine language for execution)
– Approximate percent of time required to travel: 10%
– Associate or Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience requirements
– 5 years working in an IT department.
– 2 years currently working in the core technical area supported by this assigned department.
Depending on a candidate’s qualifications, this position may be filled at a different level.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Drug Free Workplace
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.