Technical Director – ICAT
What you will do:
Under minimal direction, supports the development of ICAT solutions for P3 projects based on the output specifications and JCI pursuit team direction and strategies. Able to provide design-assist input, from a total cost of ownership perspective, which result in greater system efficacy and lowest net present costs. Manages the development of a compelling business case for the proposed scope of work. Leads and manages the development of larger, complex and strategic projects from inception through Financial Close. Ability to communicate with, and influence, subject matter experts representing various technologies/applications.
Preferred candidate will have experience in the design and costing of ICAT systems, as well as implementation experience on an enterprise level. Experience in developing budgets and related staffing efforts. The ideal candidate will have consulting or similar experience in multiple public infrastructure and healthcare projects where applicable scope moved from concept through implementation. Having experience in, as well as a strong understanding of, the regulatory, legislative and procurement process unique to the P3 market is an asset.
Has an understanding of JCI technology offerings (e.g., building automation systems, security, fire systems, building-wide system integration, etc.) and is able to support the application of these technologies and services to in a cost effective solution to comply with customer requirements. Must also have demonstrated ability to engage other needed resources internally or externally and assist in presenting the final solution in accordance with the governance protocol.
How you will do it:
– On assigned P3 projects, reviews client Performance Output Specification and team documentation to influence suitability of team design to ICAT requirements.
– Drives optimization of building systems and equipment design and works with
– Design & Construction team to develop technical solutions, operations plans and cost strategies to arrive at the lowest NPV solution.
– Documents and develops ‘best practices’ in order to influence future projects.
– Supports team of subject matter experts and strategic partners to prepare detailed operations plan, and cost estimates for maintenance services, lifecycle expenditures and transition services for submittal as the final solution to the client RFP.
– Attends project team design team meetings and represents JCI in a professional and collaborative manner to review and influence design in relation to ICAT requirements.
– Reviews relevant Request for Proposal (RFP) schedules (initially and on an ongoing basis as addendums are developed) and provides input to Sales, Legal and D & C team from ICAT perspective. Assists Business Development Director (BDD) with proposal bid text, black-line of project documents including Project Agreement, Facility Management Services Agreement, Interface Agreement and project matrix outlining the division of responsibilities.
– Provides specification insight, benchmarking, risk mitigation strategies and best practices from other similar facilities.
– Participates and presents at Bi-lateral meetings/presentations with Customers and Owners team including: Design Presentation Meetings and Commercially Confidential Meetings.
– Prepares strategic or clarifying requests for information in the areas of ICAT scope of services, technology, lifecycle expenditures, handback conditions and performance standards.
– Assists Sales as needed in preparing and presenting the evolving project details in internal management reviews throughout the procurement process.
– Ensures a smooth transfer of knowledge to the members of the Transition team after Financial Close.
– Participates in appropriate professional organizations and builds relationships within the P3 industry.
– Establishes and maintains relationships within the industry relative to technology applications and services.
– Leads or participates in other duties as assigned.
– Provides leadership for the development of innovative solutions in the P3 Market.
What we look for:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or related subject, MBA desirable. Requires 10 years of demonstrated performance of infrastructure, design, development of operational support structures, development and project management in IT or Technology fields.
Design, management and technical experience in the following areas:
– Wired and wireless networks
– Virtual and physical server environments
– SAN and NAS
– Nurse Call Systems
– RTLS Systems
– IP Telephony
– System Integration
– Copper and fiber cable systems
– Audio Visual/Video Conferencing
– Security Cameras
Ability to influence other members on a Design Build team. Possesses strong project management skills for managing large development projects with diverse resources. Excellent presentation and communication skills required. Strong conceptual skills required for developing innovative solution designs. Has excellent customer-facing skills and is comfortable presenting at the C-level. Understanding of IT contracts and subcontract relationships.
Strong team leader, able to quickly assemble and manage a solution development team as required. Has excellent business analysis skills used to create compelling business cases. Possesses solid working knowledge of common computer applications (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project, etc.). Ability to travel up to 30%.
Johnson Controls is a global multi-industrial company with core businesses in the automotive, building and energy storage industries. Our 170,000 employees create quality products and services to optimize energy and operational efficiencies of buildings, energy storage and interior systems for automobiles. Through our growth strategies and by increasing market share we are committed to delivering value to shareholders and making our customers successful.Johnson Controls, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are an individual with a disability and need assistance or accommodation during the application process please call ************ and press option #0 or email **********************.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.