Requisition Id : ******
Additional Work Location(s) :
This position is within HARMAN’s Professional Division. This role will provide technical support to consultants, contractors and end-users with product and troubleshooting information relevant to the Harman Professional brands.
* Providing customers, consultants, contractors, music stores, sales representatives and end users with product and technical support as well as troubleshooting information.
* Reports software bugs and hardware problems back to engineering through approved channels and tools.
* Attempt to resolve customer problems and avoid the customer having to ship product for repair.
* Exercise judgment within defined practices and policies in selecting best methods and/or techniques for solving problems and obtaining solutions for the customer.
* Issue RA (repair authorization) numbers for returns, if necessary.
* Process ordering of product parts as needed.
* Excellent oral and written communication with customers.
* Create customer self help materials.
* Research and create product comparison sheets for sales reps and internal customers.
* Excellent customer service skills a must. Candidate will often be representing the company as regards to ‘first impression’.
This role requires experience in all or some of the following:
* Associate degree in a related field plus two plus years’ experience in the professional audio industry.
* LIVE Music Production
* LIVE Sound for Small-Medium size venues
* Outboard gear for Musicians
* Home Studio Recording
* Pro Tools Digital Audio Workstation
* Steinburg Cubase Digital Audio Workstation
* This position also requires strong knowledge in networked audio and general audio principles.
* Extensive knowledge of company and competitors’ products.
* Proven interpersonal and written communication skills.
* Experience using Adobe Creative Suite – After Effects, Premiere and Photo Shop
* Strong computer skills using Microsoft Operating System, Office products as well as MAC OS X.
* SAP ERP Software & Applications experience
* Willingness to travel up to 10% as needed.
* Willingness to work in an office in Richardson, TX.
* Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Any offer of employment for any position that requires use of a HARMAN or customer owned vehicle is contingent upon the applicant having a clean driving record, which will be evaluated and determined in Harman’s sole discretion; however, applicants may have no more than 4 active points for moving violations (issued by any motor vehicle agency), and applicants must have no references to operating a vehicle under the influence of controlled substances within the last 10 years.
HARMAN (**********) designs and engineers connected products and solutions for automakers, consumers, and enterprises worldwide, including connected car systems, audio and visual products, enterprise automation solutions; and services supporting the Internet of Things. With leading brands including AKG, Harman Kardon, Infinity, JBL, Lexicon, Mark Levinson and Revel, HARMAN is admired by audiophiles, musicians and the entertainment venues where they perform around the world. More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN audio and connected car systems. Our software services power billions of mobile devices and systems that are connected, integrated and secure across all platforms, from work and home to car and mobile. HARMAN has a workforce of approximately 30,000 people across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. In March 2017, HARMAN became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. HARMAN is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or Protected Veterans status. HARMAN offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with HARMAN! (**************)
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Technical Support, Engineer, Electronics Engineer, ERP, SAP, Technology, Engineering
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.