Technical Support Engineer
As the industry leader in the analytical instrument industry, TA Instruments prides itself in innovation and an uncompromising commitment to customer support. Our continued growth relies on recruiting and developing individuals that can make a positive contribution to our business. For additional information about our products, visit our web site at .
Headquartered in Delaware, with manufacturing sites in the US and Europe, we are represented in all of the major markets around the world with sales offices in the USA, Canada, Japan, India, China, Taiwan, South Korea, Brazil, Mexico, Australia and across Europe.
TA Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At TA Instruments we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer with a keen eye for trouble-shooting and excellent customer service skills in order to provide support to Field Service Representatives, Technical Representatives, Territory Managers, & Applications Support Engineers who are experiencing complex instrument and/or software problems.
Typical tasks of the position include, but are not limited to
– Provide support (diagnosis and troubleshooting) directly to customers/users via phone and/or email when problems have escalated to a higher degree of complexity.
– Travel domestically and internationally to provide support and training to customers and service organizations.
– Provide basic and advanced service training to Field Service Representatives.
– Prepare and maintain necessary training materials.
– Report design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design Engineering/Software Engineering through direct communication/interaction.
– Follows up with Design Engineering, Software Engineering, or Manufacturing on product quality issues.
– Represent Service Department at general quality meetings and/or projects that require approval for shipment (AFS).
– Prepare all required reports and documentation.
– May also participate in any required product testing.
– Create and distribute Service Reference Documents, with important Service information, to a worldwide distribution.
– Prepares and Maintains required ISO service procedures.
The successful candidate will have a combination of knowledge, skills, and experience that would include the following
– Knowledge normally acquired through completion of a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Chemistry, or closely related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
– Prior Customer Support experience
– Ability to present information in one-on-one situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the Company.
– Demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills.
– Must posess strong Writing/English skills to create Technical Documents
– Demonstrated knowledge in the use of a variety of desktop computer hardware, operations systems, and applications software such as Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
– Working knowledge of networking also highly desirable.
– Ability to multi-task and prioritize work activities.
– Strong interpersonal skills to effectively deal with customers and co-workers.
– Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to travel both by ground and air carrier.
– Credit Card and valid Passport required for travel purposes.
It is the policy of TA Instruments to recruit, hire, and retain the best-qualified workforce while meeting the Company’s commitment to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity. TA Instruments does not discriminate against any qualified candidate for employment because of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, religious creed, age (40 or older), disability (reasonably accommodated by TA Instruments), medical condition, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information or any other factor prohibited by law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.