Technical Support Engineer
Location: US-MA-North Reading
Job ID: ******
Company: : Amazon Robotics LLC
Position Category: Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering
Company/Location (search) : Country (Full Name): : United States
Amazon Robotics designs, manufactures and implements cutting edge technologies within fulfillment centers at the heart of Amazon’s core business. We are seeking exceptional and self-motivated individuals to support the Amazon Robotics system – ensuring optimal performance, uptime and reliability of critical global operations.
In this role, you will diagnose and resolve high-impact issues impacting Amazon’s operations, utilizing advanced trouble-shooting tools and procedures. Successful candidates will possess a blend of strong technical aptitude, trouble-shooting capabilities and customer-facing skills, along with a passion for cutting edge technology.
– Leverage Support processes, systems and tools to resolve a variety of technical problems
– Own problems through resolution, engaging technical subject matter experts as needed
– Manage, prioritize, and respond to cases within defined SLA’s
– Provide technical guidance to Fulfillment Center (FC) Operations team to troubleshoot operational challenges
– Provide prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to our internal Amazon Customer
– Execute command-line and SQL scripts
– Monitor queues and respond to issues within defined SLAs
– Create and maintain problem resolution procedures and identify need for new tools to support existing solutions
– Make configuration changes and perform change management activities
– May become a subject matter expert in one or more areas, serving as a point of escalation on critical issues
– Participate in communication with SW Engineering teams
– Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field and 2+ years’ experience delivering direct customer support or Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
– Technical problem-solving and analytical skills
– Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
– Knowledge and/or working experience with Relational Database Management Systems (MySQL, Oracle)
– Knowledge and/or working experience with Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu)
– Ability to work a 4 day weekend shift schedule covering Thursday-Sunday 10am-8pm.
– Knowledge and/or working experience with networking and Product IT
– Unix/Python Shell Scripting skills
– Exposure to high-level programming languages (Java, C++)
– Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
– Proven ability to manage time allocated to specific tasks and escalations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.