Posting date 6 hours ago(1/9/2019 2:42 AM)
Job ID 67200
Category Technical Support
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Customer Content Services team is looking for a Technical Writer to join our Developer Tools Product Documentation team in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will join a team that promotes customer loyalty and success through content development and delivery. You’ll create technical documentation, user guides, and premium content that accompany Red Hat offerings for the developer customer audience. As a Technical Writer, you’ll define the scope of the projects, design quality tests, and deliver writing projects while maintaining a customer focus by participating in existing feedback programs and consistently developing your technical expertise. Drawing from your passion for both technology and the English language, you’ll work closely with developers, engineers, and other subject matter experts to create content that helps our customers understand our offerings and solutions. The Developer Tools Product Documentation team maintains their own GitHub repositories, manages their own testing, building and deployment of software, and works with engineering teams to develop working code examples.
Primary job responsibilities
* Work closely with content strategists, engineering project teams, support teams, and other stakeholders to create and maintain high-quality documentation
* Effectively manage documentation projects and deliver customer-focused documentation
* Engage and collaborate with customer feedback programs to address content gaps, respond to direct customer feedback, and promote continuous improvement of the documentation experience
* Keep up to date on changes of our offerings, customer use cases, and support issues
* Master the use of our internal documentation toolchain, including the publishing platform and issue-tracking tools
* 3-5 years of enterprise-level technical writing experience
* Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or an arts or language field
* Experience with information architecture structural design
* Experience in writing clear and concise procedural documentation for a technical audience
* Experience and comfort with agile development methodologies and fast delivery
* Familiarity with version control systems; experience and comfort with Git is a plus
* Familiarity with Red Hat’s enterprise solutions portfolio
* Experience with topic-based, modular authoring and documentation, especially converting to topic-based content from traditional book models
* Ability to actively engage subject matter experts and to follow through on commitments
* Working knowledge of and experience with operating within a Linux environment using the command line
* Ability to read, write, and compile technical documents, including feature descriptions, customer use cases, and release notes using industry’s best practices
* Experience collaborating and directly interacting with globally-distributed stakeholders from diverse cultural backgrounds
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.