At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers.
As a Technology Engineer (Java/JEE) within PNC’s, C&IB Technology Organization. Preferred location for this position is Pittsburgh, PA, Strongsville or Columbus, Ohio. We will consider a PNC location within the nationwide footprint or possibly candidates outside the footprint that can work remotely.
This is a new position in support of PNC’s Payment Services Strategy Program. This is a multi-year strategic program with high enterprise visibility, involving a number of separate initiatives. The Payments Services Strategy MIS Technology Team is part of the Systems Engineering function within the C&IB Technology Organization. This group is responsible for delivery of innovative services/solutions that enables the C&IB business to drive speed to market, enhance the customer experience, enable customer self-servicing and recognize cost savings.
We are looking for a highly experienced Technology Engineer, who will be responsible for providing hands-on technical development expertise required to design and develop Java based applications. A successful candidate will have experience with Java /JEE design and development, deployment, automation, and preferably development on Linux/UNIX/Windows platforms. You will develop complex application software for system enhancements and assess and determine design considerations including application programs.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Experience as a developer working on JEE platforms.
- Experience developing RESTful web services
- Experience with server side Java using Spring or other lightweight frameworks
- Ability to size, scope and estimate development efforts with limited information.
- Experience creating high level and detail design documents for consumption by a development team.
- Ability to provide overall technical leadership for medium and large scale development efforts to ensure project success while meeting target dates and budgeted resource estimates.
- Experience orchestrating day to day development activities for developers and technology service partners (e.g. daily development/scrum checkpoints) and escalation of roadblocks to management team.
- Ability to perform JEE code reviews to ensure design was properly implemented and provide constructive feedback to developers.
- Experience with the Agile Methodology.
The following skills are preferred:
- Oracle SQL and DB2 Databases
- Websphere Application Server
- Spring Web services (SOAP, REST)
- Spring Framework: Spring Security, Spring MVC, Spring Batch, etc
- Angular JS/JQuery
The following skills are a plus:
- ORM frameworks like myBatis/Hibernate
- Open SAML
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Familiar with W
- Junit, Mockito, DBUnit
- change management and continuous integration/build products such as GIT, Jenkins and Maven
- Leads in the development of new and emerging technologies.
- Develops software components and hardware for new and emerging technology projects; aligns these with business strategies and objectives.
- May provide consultation on common issues and best practices for junior staff.
- Provides a systematic analysis on client requirements within the traceability framework and resolves any functional problems encountered.
- Ensures quality of project deliverables while maintaining compliance with relevant standards and processes.
Manages Risk – Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Planning: Tactical, Strategic – Extensive Experience
- Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Industry Knowledge – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the organization’s industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effectiveness Measurement – Extensive Experience
- Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
Consulting – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Problem Solving – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
IT Industry: Trends & Directions – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).
Emerging Technologies – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to design, apply and evaluate new information technologies for business environments in order to improve work productivity and accuracy.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS – Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.