Career Opportunity: Test Lead- Farmington Hills, MI
Are you thrilled to work on the latest in in-dash navigation and
services for cars?
TomTom s Custom Systems teams are challenging, fast-paced
environments where people are empowered to make the best decisions. As
a member of a scrum team with highly motivated, skilled, and
experienced engineers, you will take joint responsibility in ensuring
the successful implementation of TomTom software in automotive
applications. You will design, implement, test, integrate, and
maintain software systems and components. This will lead to high
quality, innovative products.
Both, our in-car system and the online service, are used by major car
manufacturers in their latest cars and more plan using it in the
A test lead manages the test effort within a software development
project. He or she will determine the test approach and write the test
plan, in conjunction with the project manager and other stakeholders
(internal as well as external) like the customer, Team lead and
various component owners. He or she is the main stakeholder in a scrum
context in determining the quality of the deliverables.
Here’s a little taste of your challenge:
* Manage the test activities at project and/or program level
including writing the test plan(s), containing:
* Test approach
* Test levels
* Internal and external components
* Risk analysis
* Continuous Integration & testing
* Resource need (On-site and off-shore)
* Ensures effective and efficient execution of test activities for
the project, aligned with product backlog, and taking DoD and ROI
* Assists the teams and the project manager to continuously improve
the way of working; stimulates collaboration within each team and
with other teams
* Interacts with relevant stakeholders e.g.:
* Product Owner
* Customer (OEMs or System Integrators)
* Team Lead
* Project Manager
* Component Owners, including internal suppliers
* Outsourcing representatives
* Makes sure the test strategy and approach are communicated and
deployed by interaction with these stakeholders, facilitate
testing and remove/report impediments.
* Maintain user story traceability for ‘your’ project(s) and make
sure this reported correctly in the management dashboard.
* Provides technical guidance to team members, colleagues, and
customers through active participation in e.g. grooming sessions,
Change Control Boards, defect analysis tasks.
* Additionally, technical guidance also includes reviewing critical
* Support reviewing test plans for other projects
* Review test architecture A3
* Provide accurate test documentation on deliverables, including
test results, bugs found and retested, KPIs, coverage etc.
* Has ownership and implements & deploys improvement actions related
to the test strategy and approach
What you can expect from us
* Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The
founders are still very present in the company and are very
accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas.
Entrepreneurialism is valued.
* Decisive actions. We don t like to wait. It s at our core to
move forward. So it only makes sense that we have few layers. We
make things happen. Quickly.
Who are we?
TomTom created the easy-to-use navigation device, one of the most
influential inventions of all time. Since then, we have grown from a
start-up, into a global technology company.
We design and develop innovative navigation products, software and
services, that power hundreds of millions of applications across the
globe. This includes industry-leading location-based and mapmaking
technologies, embedded automotive navigation solutions; portable
navigation devices and apps, and the most advanced telematics fleet
management and connected car services.
Combining our own R & D expertise with business and technology
partnerships, we continue to shape the future, leading the way with
autonomous driving, smart mobility and smarter cities.
Headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in 37 countries, we offer
advanced digital maps that cover 142 countries and 33 territories, and
our hyper-detailed and real-time TomTom Traffic information service
reaches more than five billion people in 69 countries.
To read our story, visit **************
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.