As an Undergraduate Intern within PNC’s Midland organization, you will be based in Overland Park. The Investor Accounting group at Midland is responsible for handling investor funds associated with our large 3rd party commercial servicing portfolio. In this role, an Analyst is responsible for reconciling client bank accounts, validating data and compiling investor reports, monitoring funds transfer activity between receipt and custodial bank accounts, calculating investor remittances and various fees due to clients and to Midland. This work involves reading and extracting information from commercial servicing agreements and performing some complex financial calculations. The ideal candidate should have good time management skills to operate under some tight deadlines and possess good communication skills needed for interaction with other operating areas and with external parties.
- Participates as an intern in the PNC summer internship program.
- Performs or assists with the core activities of the group by applying knowledge learned to drive business results (e.g. deal, sales, or process support, internal or external customer interaction, or supporting internal projects). Works under supervision and may have limited approval and/or exception authority.
- Participates in social learning within the organization (e.g. identifies and networks with business representatives and peers, participates in mentoring, job shadowing and community outreach)
Manages Risk – Basic Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank’s and unit’s risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus – Basic Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Products and Services – Basic Experience
- Knowledge of major products and services and product and service groups; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Information Capture – Basic Experience
- Knowledge of the processes and the ability to identify, capture and document relevant business information in an auditable, organized, understandable and easily retrievable manner.
Flexibility and Adaptability – Basic Experience
- Knowledge of successful approaches, tools, and techniques for dealing with changes and adapting to a changing environment; ability to adapt as needed.
Effective Communications – Basic Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Self-Directed Growth and Development – Basic Experience
- Understanding of the necessity of continuous personal growth; ability to gauge one’s strengths, limitations and interests, and use of this knowledge for purposes of performance effectiveness and self-development.
Initiative – Basic Experience
- Understanding of the value of self-motivation and initiative; ability and willingness to seek out work and the drive to accomplish goals.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail – Basic Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
Analytical Thinking – Basic Experience
- Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems and create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the business.
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level are filled by recent university / college graduates with little or no professional experience, but possessing relevant skills. Includes individuals joining the organization through a Corporate development/ training program. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.