Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability Required
Public Trust/Other Required:
Join General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world’s most complex technical challenges. We are searching for a Systems Administrator Watch to join the team in Norfolk, VA.
You will be a member of the system administration team for a major DOD enterprise network and perform duties as a Watch Standard for the Service Delivery Point. Assigned to work 12-hour watch shift rotating a 4 day on/off, 3 day on/off schedule including one weekend day for 80.5 hours per 2-week pay period. Performs the following duties:
- Account management
- Managing / troubleshooting servers running on one or more operating systems.
- Patch management (OS / Windows / Linux / Active Directory)
- Scap/STIG assignments as scheduled (OS / IE / .NET / Office Suite / Adobe / (Core OS) / Linux)
- Monitor Intrusion detection results
- Analyze ACAS results
- Create and update IssueTrak (ticketing system) tickets
- IssueTrak Queue Management Overall (includes triage and assignment to correct teams)
- Daily Server Farm Walkthrough – monitoring of the physical environment
- Complete items on Watch checklist
- Daily operation / turnover report
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- DoD 8570.01 IAT level 1 certification.
- Top Secret or Secret clearance as a minimum with open T5 investigation
Education & Experience:
- Education: BS degree in Engineering, Physics, Network Security, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Science.
- Experience: Four (4) years of experience in Engineering, Systems Analysis, DoD and DoN IT Systems, Information Assurance, Web Development, or Engineering Management.
- Education: Technical Training in relevant technical field.
- Experience: Six (6) years of hands-on experience with Data Center administration, Business IT Systems development, Gateway 2.0 (G2) / SharePoint, or Command, Control, Communications & Protection (C3P) Ashore systems.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA Norfolk
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.