Posting date 4 hours ago(1/15/2019 8:39 AM)
Job ID 67364
Category Technical Training
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Training Online Platforms team is looking for a Web Application Developer to join us in Poland. In this role, you will help create modern cloud-delivered Red Hat training platforms. You’ll need to be an experienced developer looking to work on fun and innovative projects like our Red Hat Learning Subscription platform. You’ll design, develop, and implement new features in addition to maintaining existing versions of our offerings, enable technical support, and resolve production defects with our suite of offerings. As a Web Application Developer, you’ll need to be smart, collaborative, curious, and hardworking and to love to not only learn, but also teach and work well with others in creating a positive and inclusive environment.
Primary job responsibilities
* Participate in the design of Red Hat’s global, cloud-based training delivery architecture, including HTML5-based content, eBooks, HD videos, and practical labs
* Facilitate the ongoing integration and automation of numerous systems to enhance the student experience
* Design and enhance the backend components which power students’ access to training
* Capture business-driven feature requests and convert them into actionable user stories to achieve organizational goals
* Collaborate with the Red Hat Learning Management System (LMS) Technical team to deliver an integrated and customer-focused learning experience
* Scale and optimize the platform by implementing solutions to add resiliency, discourage intellectual property abuse, improve reporting, and optimize performance
* Collaborate with content authors to optimize the development process to apply continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) principles to course publishing
* 2+ years of experience programming in Python
* 2+ years of experience programming in HTML5
* Demonstrated ability to create robust, elegant web applications from visual concepts, wireframes, and interactive product design session
* Experienced in object-oriented programming (OOP) practices
* Experience with collaborative open source development using tools like Git
* Experience with modern frontend libraries like React Sass and webpack
* Familiarity with programming in a Linux environment
* Experience with container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
* Outstanding communication and documentation skills
The following are considered a plus:
* Understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile or scrum processes
* Experience working with learning management systems, SCORM, and Tin Can
* Data management experience, e.g., visualizing reporting data
* Experience with web delivery of video assets
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.