powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one
technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to
monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in
real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including
Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic,
NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-
critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with
Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at
Imagine a unified search experience that connects people to all of their
favourite applications. The experience ingests organizational data, transforms
natural language into queries, then sends those queries to Elasticsearch, the
free and open RESTful search engine for fast, relevant search results at scale.
We re seeking a talented software engineer and communicator to help realize
this vision and push the product and team to new heights.
* You ll lead best practices within the full stack, contributing to bot
a reliable foundation and an engaging user experience. Whether it s
desktop, web, mobile, you will innovate and lead within fresh and
* You ll drive product focused engineering efforts to invent and ship
valuable and meaningful features to an excited market.
* You ll engage with and lead capable engineers, designers, and many
other stakeholders, as we work together to invent elegant and reliable
APIs and build whimsical and valuable interfaces. We practice teamwork!
language background, get deep into Elasticsearch, and our future will
open the door to cutting edge technologies and practices.
* We appreciate articulate and low ego people who want to grow w
* We embrace strange and risky ideas and appreciate diverse character.
* We hold each other accountable and work to a high standard. We take pride
in the frequent, safe and graceful delivery of innovative and valuable
* We appreciate positivity and vigilance and strive for autonomy, trust and
personal and professional growth.
* Experience leading valuable features into an at-scale web application.
* Experience as a technical leader. You are a warm and inspiring figure who
can help develop engineers and rally people around meaningful projects.
* Excellent practical judgement. You know how to prioritize, when to
collaborate and ask for help, and when to be independent.
* Measured and articulate written and spoken communication skills. You work
well with others and can craft concise and expressive thoughts into
correspondence: issues, investigations, documentation and onboarding
* An interest in learning new tools, languages, workflows and philosophies
that can help you grow. You can function well in an environment that
drives towards change. This role has tremendous opportunity for growth!
If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you! Please include
whatever info you believe is relevant: resume, GitHub profile, code samples,
blog posts and writing samples, links to personal projects, etc.
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you re
looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of
company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a
number. It doesn t matter if you re just out of college or your childr
are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations
differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right
thing to do.
* Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous
* Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
* Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for
* Generous number of vacation days each year
* Double your charitable giving we match up to 1% of your salary
* Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
* Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal
employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or
identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or
disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law,
ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for
disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.