- Interprets design documents, completes analysis and creates designs on simple to moderate projects under general supervision
- Provides programming hours estimation
- Oversees small projects
- Conducts design walk throughs on own work
- odes, tests, and debugs moderately complex programming projects from detailed specifications independently with limited supervision across one or more platforms
- Sets-up unit test plans and assists in system testing
- Implements programs across one or more platforms
- Owns projects done in conjunction with other platforms / network implementations
- Assists in defect incident report cause determination and resolution
- Provides status reports on assigned projects
- Creates programmer and client documentation
- Participates with team members in estimating resource requirements, project planning and scheduling for programming projects
- Participates in regularly rotated on-call duties: Must be available 24 hours/day to receive calls from Operators/Users, investigate and solve issues while on call
- Assists other team members in use of utilities
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Two years related work experience using Java, FTP, SQL, Excel is preferred
- Spring framework and Hibernate experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively interface with customers, clients and other departments
- Possess an understanding of business applications
- Possess good written and verbal skills
- Ability to become proficient in the daily operations at Oriental Trading Company
- knowledge of application development/maintenance for on-line and batch programming.
- Knowledge of Subversion or other source control software
- Familiarity with API calls
- Understanding of System Analysis, Design, and System Integration
- Knowledge of at least one the following: Access, Structured Query Language, DB/2
- Java EE Technologies (ranging from EJB to JSP), HTML, CSS and XML
- Spring Framework and Visual Basic experience preferred
- Relational DB design and work experience (Oracle 10g or higher)
So grab this opportunity and transform the“daily grind” into a thriving career, where fun is all in a day’s work!
Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company (http://www.orientaltrading.com),the nation’s leading direct marketer of value-priced novelties, toys and party supplies welcomes talented, motivated people who want to build a meaningful career andMake The World More Fun!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://itjobpro.com/127601 →