Job Location US-DC
Job ID 9301
Job Location United States
Category Information Technology/Software
Be part of something innovative and cutting edge. Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
– advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
– mobile support for the user interfaces
– learning management systems with social media features
– user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
– innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking Senior .NET Software Engineers to join our team in Washington, DC.
The Contract to Hire Senior Software Engineer will be an integral part of the software engineering and product development team within AIR. This group of professionals provide custom software solutions for our clients as well as internal support systems. Much of the work we perform is new development, so the right candidate will have the skills needed to perform full life-cycle software development. This includes participation in requirements gathering, application and database design, system documentation, writing and unit-testing efficient code, and deployment.
– Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science
– 8+ years of development experience
– Experience with relational databases and writing SQL queries preferred
– Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) analysis and design principles and demonstrated proficiency/expert knowledge in OO design
– Proficient/expert knowledge in design of multi-tiered web-based systems
– Proficiency in development of highly efficient and high performance distributed software systems
– Excellent analytical skills
– Highly detail-oriented
– Good communication skills
– Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
– Experience with machine learning, natural language processing and computational linguistics
– Experience using statistical methods for data mining on vast quantities of data.
– Professional experience utilizing J2EE technologies
– Working knowledge of .NET (C#, *******), Python and statistical packages.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.